When retail outlets think about a point of sale tablet, they may simply be thinking of a replacement for the clunky, massive, old POS that they purchased a decade ago. It’s important to keep in mind that a POS tablet doesn’t simply solve the problem of hardware costs, it’s also a versatile tool that can improve the shopping experience of the customer.
The mobile point of sales hardware and software industry projected size was $2 billion in 2013 – just in North America. And 70% of retailers are considering tablet POS systems because fo their screen size, ease of use and other factors.
Tablet POS devices aren’t just for checking out – they can be used for a variety of in-store functions:
- Processing payments anywhere in the store, eliminating checkout lines.
- Processing payments anywhere outside the store, at events and venues.
- Processing returns simply and easily anywhere in the store.
- Inventory lookup and pricing throughout the store for shoppers.
- Loyalty program access anywhere, anytime.
- Ecommerce integration with your online store. Your customer can start the sale at home, and pick it up at the retail outlet.
As we mentioned in a previous post, making the sales process easier and more enjoyable for your customers will increase sales. Tablet POS systems are key in this strategy.