It’s clear that the future of marketing is in mobile applications, and there is tremendous amount of room to grow; currently, only 46% of companies have mobile applications. On top of the mobile communications, Big Data is providing another opportunity for growth, but 71% of CMOs are unprepared for the data explosion.
Mobile is shaping the future of marketing
- 46% of companies currently have mobile versions of their websites and 30% are planning to follow suit next year
- 45% of companies are offering a mobile app and 31% will roll out their won within the next 12 months
- 32% of companies offer mobile messaging campaigns
- 25% use mobile ads
Social media is shaping the future of marketing
- 66% of companies manage their own page on a social networking site
- 59% connect with their customers through micro-blogging sites like Twitter
- 43% host their own online communities
- 45% currently purchase social media ads and 23% intends to do the same next year
The infographic from NJIT below highlights the growing usage of mobile technology (56% of adults currently use a cell phone) and how that relates to traffic (20% of web traffic comes from mobile technology) and ultimately marketing strategies.