Marketing strategies are often designed to find more leads or upsell current customers. One of the issues we often find with clients is that they're often working on the wrong end of the sales funnel. Many companies get less visitors a month to their website than they would like… but if they were able to convert twice as many of those visitors they have, they'd be very successful.
Many of the technologies we work with are built to shorten the time needed to convert targeted audiences or to increase the conversion rate at each point where the funnel is leaking. I'm always surprised that we call it a funnel… it's really more of a colander with great prospects leaking all over the place. Rather than working on the top of the funnel and driving more leads into a funnel filled with holes, where could you leverage technology down the funnel?
Here are some technologies… including some of our clients and sponsors who assist:
- Webmasters tools provide critical information to help you increase click-through rates on search engines. You're already paying attention to how much traffic search brings to your site, but do you know what the click through rate is on your current rankings? Can it be improved?
- URL Shorteners like Bit.ly can provide you with the data you need to see how effective your social media strategies are. Did you know that Facebook filters the entries people see using their Edgerank algorithm… and it can result in little or even none of your social media efforts actually being displayed?
- Marketing automation companies like Right On Interactive are developing technologies that shorten the cycle and provide methodologies that help you score your leads so you're able to communicate with them more effectively rather than batch and blast methods that may drive leads out the funnel.
- Email marketing companies like Delivra offer email and SMS services that can substantially increase response rates as well as educate current customers on how their products or industry – building authority, retention and acquisition opportunities with leads.
- Online Survey platforms like SurveyMonkey (who purchased our client, Zoomerang) can provide you with the intelligence needed to substantially improve your content marketing strategies. By improving your content, you're able to more reliably target leads for acquisition and ensure that your customers are being serviced properly.
- Software proposal applications like Tinderbox allow you to streamline and improve your proposal process. By tracking your responses and understanding how to improve your proposals, you're able to drive conversions quicker and more effectively… all while using less internal resources.
As you look at your Sales Funnel, where are your strategies leaking? Rather than trying to drive more and more audience, there's a good possibility you're not leveraging the customers and prospects you already have. It's worth a look!