TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video, providing content that is exciting, spontaneous, and genuine. There's little doubt as to its growth:
- TikTok has 689 million monthly active users worldwide.
- The TikTok app has been downloaded over 2 billion times on the App Store and Google Play.
- TikTok ranked as the top most-downloaded app in Apple’s iOS App Store for Q1 2019, with more than 33 million downloads.
- 62 percent of TikTok users in the US are between 10 and 29 years old.
- TikTok has been downloaded 611 million times in India, which is around 30 percent of the app’s total global downloads.
- When it comes to the daily time spent on TikTok, users spend an average of 52 minutes per day on the app.
- TikTok is available in 155 countries, and in 75 languages.
- 90 percent of all TikTok users access the app on a daily basis.
- In less than 18 months, the number of US adult TikTok users grew 5.5 times.
- There was an average number of more than 1 million videos viewed every day in a year.
Source: Oberlo – 10 TikTok Statistics That You Need To Know in 2021
As one of the most popular apps in the world, TikTok provides companies an opportunity to reach a large community of users who prioritize entertainment and authenticity.
TikTok For Business is one of the only networks that experienced significant growth on iOS (+52% market share). The social network went up 1 spot in iOS to #7 and 1 spot in Android landing at #8. On the cross-platform category level, it reached a top 5 power ranking in Entertainment, Social, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness, Finance, Photography, and Utility Group.
TikTok Ads Manager
With TikTok Ads Manager, companies and marketers have access to bid and place In-App Ads (IAA) or initiate their mobile App Installs to the global audience of TikTok and their family of apps. From targeting, ad creation, insight reports, and ad management tools – TikTok Ads Manager offers you a powerful, yet easy-to-use platform that will help you reach audiences that love your products or services.
TikTok Ad Placement and Formats
You ads may appear in one of the following locations based on the app:
- TikTok placement: Ads will appear as in-feed ads
- Newfeed apps placement: Ads will appear in the following positions:
- BuzzVideo: in-feed, details page, post-video
- TopBuzz: in-feed, details page, post-video
- NewsRepublic: in-feed
- Babe: in-feed, details page
- Pangle placement: Ads will appear in the as playable ads, Interstitial video ads, or rewarded video ads.
- Image Ads – can be localized and both PNG or JPG are accepted with a suggested resolution of at least 1200px tall by 628px wide (horizontal ads can be accommodated as well).
- Video Ads – depending on where you'd like to place them, aspect ratios of 9:16, 1:1, or 16:9 can be used with videos 5 seconds to 60 seconds long in .mp4, .mov, .mpeg, .3gp, or .avi format.
TikTok offers Video Template, a tool that makes creating video ads faster and easier. You can simply create a video ad by selecting a template and uploading your photos, text, and logos.
TikTok: Tracking Website Events
Converting TikTok users to website users that may visit or purchase products or services on your site is easy with the TikTok tracking pixel.
TikTok: Tracking In-App Events
When a user clicks / views an ad and takes further actions such as downloading, activating, or making an in-app purchase within the set conversion window, the Mobile Measurement Partners (MMP) records and sends this data back to TikTok as a conversion. The conversion data, using last-click attribution, is then shown in TikTok Ads Manager and is the foundation for future optimizations in the campaign.
TikTok for Business Use Case: Slate & Tell
As an independent jewelry store, Slate & Tell were looking to build awareness and consideration during peak selling seasons. By leveraging TikTok For Business's easy-to-use Smart Video Creative tool and optimizing campaigns to events, they created fun and engaging creatives that reached 4M TikTok users and resulted in 1,000 single session add to cart conversions, helping them achieve their goal of 2X return-on-ad-spend within just 6 months.