Sometimes I have billion-dollar ideas. Unfortunately (or luckily), I never have the money to invest in my billion-dollar ideas though. I hope someone takes me up on this one.
I’m overweight. It’s a combination of bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. Both are my fault. And when I go out to eat, no matter where I go, serving sizes are HUGE. Even if I order a small veggie sub, it’s at least 2 servings. Did you know the average American serving at a restaurant is about 5 times a normal serving size? Ouch!
I don’t have to eat the entire plate of food, I know. You have to admit it’s nearly impossible to try to calculate how many servings are actually on the plate…. hmmm.
So here’s my idea! Someone should start a restaurant called “Single Servings”. Sure, we can dress up the name, perhaps “Une Assiette” where the plates are large and the servings are simply for one. I believe there’s a few reasons why a restaurant chain like this would succeed:
- Fat guys like me would have to go there for lunch just to show that we’re making an effort.
- Less food, same price! That’s a bigger profit per pound.
- Less food, cooks faster! That’s more tables sold per hour.
- If I didn’t go there for lunch, skinny people at work would pressure me into going so they show that they care. Like when they ask me if I want to go for a walk at lunch. 😉
- Companies that want employees to eat healthy would only order from a restaurant like this.
The tagline for Une Assiette would be easy, right? I like, “Avoid a Huge Assiette with Une Assiette!”. For anyone who actually takes this idea and runs with it, I would appreciate a lifetime meal pass.
Please include desserts.