Whether it's social videos, daily stories, real-time videos, or any other video strategy, we live in a world where more video content is produced and consumed than ever in history. Of course, that's both a great opportunity and an enormous challenge because a lot of video content is being produced and never actually seen. This infographic from Website Builder.org.uk reveals the latest video marketing statistics.
10 Facts about Video Marketing
- 78.4% of United States users watch online videos
- Men spend 44% more time than women on Youtube
- Ages 25-34 in the United States have the highest video viewer penetration at 90%
- Half of all americans (164.5 million) watched digital TV in 2016
- 72% of social marketers want to learn video marketing
- Video in social media increases sharing tenfold
- According to Facebook, by 2018, 90% of their content will be video based
- 96% of all marketers invested in video marketing in 2016
- 70% of ad agencies believe video ads are as or more effective than TV
- The gross revenue ROI of video relative to TV is 1.27 times higher when used with TV
There's no coincidence that we're not working on converting our Indianapolis podcast studio into a full video studio with real-time capabilities. We continue to see great results with video – we just have to move faster to capitalize on it. The challenge is that the software and hardware necessary are dropping in price while integrating some amazing broadcast capabilities for the web. If we dive too early, we'll spend too much. But if we dive too late, we're going to miss the momentum!
As always, I'll share the direction we head with you!