We just shared an infographic on the importance of visual marketing – and that, of course, includes video. We’ve been doing a ton of video for our clients recently and it’s increasing both engagement and conversion rates. There are many types of recorded, produced videos you can do… and don’t forget real-time video on Facebook, social video on Instagram and Snapchat, and even Skype interviews. People are consuming mass amounts of video.
One thing I take exception on this infographic is that peoples’ attention spans have become less than that of a gold fish. That’s simply not the case. I just binge-watched an entire season of Lost in Space over the weekend… hardly a problem with attention spans! What has happened is that consumers realize that they have video choices, so if you’re not grabbing their attention and keeping it in your video, they’ll simply move elsewhere within seconds.
Video Marketing Stats
- 75 million people in the US watch online videos daily Tweet This!
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when it’s in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text Tweet This!
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined Tweet This!
- Videos on Facebook Pages increase end user engagement by 33% Tweet This!
- Merely mentioning the word video in an email subject line increases click-through rate by 13% Tweet This!
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from Search Engine Result Pages Tweet This!
- Embedded videos in websites can increase traffic by up to 55% Tweet This!
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users Tweet This!
- Videos can increase landing page conversions by 80% or more Tweet This!
- 76% of marketing professionals plan to use video to increase their brand awareness Tweet This!
As with any other content strategy, utilize video to its maximum benefit. Marketers need not have a hundred videos out there… even just a though leadership overview of a company, an explainer video that explains something difficult, or a client testimonial can have an incredible impact on your digital marketing strategies.
Here’s the infographic, The Importance of Video Marketing, from IMPACT.