This week, I was in two meetings with different companies this week where internal communications were the focus of conversation:
- The first was Sigstr, an email signature marketing tool to manage email signatures across the company. A key issue within organizations is that employees are focused on their job responsibilities and don’t always take the time to communicate the brand externally to prospects and customers. By managing email signatures across an organization, Sigstr ensure’s that new campaigns or offerings are visually communicated to everyone who receives an email.
- The second was Dittoe PR, our public relations firm, who sounded off on the importance of Slack within the organization. With dozens of PR associates scouting, they often discover opportunities across their clients. Slack has been instrumental in the teams increasing results with their clients.
As companies are shifting more resources on customer loyalty and retention, they may also wish to be shifting focus on marketing alignment and execution throughout the organization. At a minimum, sales and marketing alignment is critical… and all has to do with communication.
In today’s real-time society employees are accustomed to instantaneous communication and prefer to receive feedback in the moment, not a quarterly review down the road. Learn just how powerful visual communication is and how global businesses are driving productivity and connectivity by embracing it to its fullest.
Dashboards are critical elements for internal, real-time communication and more and more technologies are hitting the market that integrate multiple feeds of data in a highly-visual platform. Visuals are critical:
- 65% of people are visual learners Tweet This!
- 40% of people respond better when visuals are added than to text alone Tweet This!
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual Tweet This!
- Content containing visuals results in 94%more engagement Tweet This!
- 80% of millennials would rather receive feedback in real-time Tweet This!
Hoopla is a performance broadcasting tool to boost engagement and communication with live data, leaderboards, gamification and recognition. They’ve produced this infographic, The Evolution of Workplace Communication.
Carroll leveraged Personify's Small World Community to build an online community with powerful gamification, personalization and reporting to support engagement and measured results, and this has translated to a 30% increase in yield rate for the 2018 semester.