Real-time communication is changing how companies are utilizing their web presence to proactively interact with prospects and customers.
What is WebRTC?
Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) is a collection of communications protocols and APIs originally developed by Google that enable real-time voice and video communication over peer-to-peer connections. WebRTC allows web browsers to request real-time information from the browsers of other users, enabling real-time peer-to-peer and group communication including voice, video, chat, file transfer, and screen sharing.
Twilio – What is WebRTC?
WebRTC is everywhere.
The global WebRTC market was $1.669 billion USD in 2018 and expected to reach $21.023 billion USD globally by 2025.
Years ago, WebRTC started as a VoIP protocol provider targeting web browsers. Today, there’s no browser streaming audio/video without WebRTC implementation. While here are some vendors who believe that WebRTC has failed to live up to their expectations, perhaps it’s the vendors who failed to make use of WebRTC to leverage a superior user experience.
WebRTC is all about enhancing real-time conversations via the web browser. Recently, Google revealed Chrome holds over 1.5 billion of weekly audio/video in minutes. That’s roughly 214 million minutes a day. And that’s just in Chrome! Here’s a detailed look of the capabilities found using WebRTC.
What’s Real-Time Communication is Available with WebRTC?
- Screen Sharing – Get the most out of the collaboration with other users instantly. WebRTC’ Android/iOS video chat application enables the sharing of screen remotely with another device or user with appropriate access. With WebRTC signaling, Modern remote collaboration is being established by two of the leading communication platform providers namely Skype& Mirrorfly. Screen sharing feature modernizes the entire business collaboration to next-level where the meeting-based conferencing is its fundamental functions. From discussions to the presentation, webinars to meetings, screen sharing has been at the core.
- Multi-user Video Conference – A sublime multi-user video conference requires much scalability to handle tons of users simultaneously, this is where WebRTC web chat comes into play. WebRTC signaling server allows making a real-time and smooth multi-party video and voice calls to globally. WebRTC video and voice call demands a minimal amount of the media stream to connect entire participants in a multi-party video call. WebRTC video call app scales up the multi-party connection through MCUs (Multipoint control units) and SFUs (Selective forwarding units).
- Collaboration at Ease – Those days when you used to sign-in for an account, download the platform and install several platforms just to connect with another user to make conversation. With WebRTC voice and video chat server, no more traditional processes. WebRTC text chat makes it more convenient and simple to experience collaboration seamlessly. Real-time collaboration is made simple on platforms established with WebRTC supported browsers.
- File Sharing – Transmission of huge data has always been a rough and arduous action where this lead users to switch on to other applications such as Email or drive. The process of transferring data isn’t so simple, it consumed a lot of time, effort and data. With a WebRTC signaling server, it narrows the process by letting to send it directly through website embedded with video call API. And further, WebRTC lets to deliver the files in an ultra-low latency whatever the bandwidth. On top of it, WebRTC transmits data under one secure roof.
- Multi-secure Video & Voice Communication – WebRTC Signaling WebSockets provide with robust RTP protocol (SRTP) which encrypts the entire WebRTC’ group voice chat transmitted on Android, iOS & web apps. Also, it generates authentication for communication over Wifi to safeguard the call from unwanted access and recording of the calls.
- Real-time services for Live Communication – WebRTC has the potential to integrate with any application to experience a live conversation across the sectors. The WebRTC infrastructure & video chat SDK creates a direct path to make live conversation whatever the industry, from retail, ecommerce, healthcare, customer support, it provides real-time communication services.
- Low Latency Networking – Video Call API with WebRTC integration enables to share data directly to the respective device or application without getting into the series of servers. The inter-browser access streamlines the data flow and benefits transmission in a low latency network. WebRTC enabled chat application experience a great flow of messages and files to other application irrespective of the bandwidth the website possesses.
A WebRTC Video Call using Node.js
Integrate WebRTC Using MirrorFly
Want to get started today? Check out MirrorFly’s Real-Time Chat API. With their Chat API, you can build build versatile messaging apps using a variety of features and functionalities. They offer a real-time API for web applications and an SDK for Android and iOS mobile applications.