We’ve collected the best and most popular marketing, martech, and sales white papers and ebooks from throughout the industry right here! Find the top authoritative, in-depth reports on marketing topics that present you with the complex problem and provides the solution.
Social media is a wonderful way to expand your customer base, interact with followers, and show the world what your company is all about. But we all know how easy it is to mindlessly scroll through your feed, barely paying attention to anything you see (Facebook users spend an average of 1.7 seconds with any piece of mobile content).
So how do you capture your followers' attention long enough for them to actually interact with your brand? Here are 10 ways to boost your engagement on social media.
1. Answer Comments. This may sound like a given, but it needs to be said. Don't just let comments sit out there without a reaction. It could be as simple as reacting with a "like," but even better is to post an authentic response that might even inspire further interaction. Creating a rapport with followers will really help them connect to your company and keep coming back.
SMARTASSISTANT commissioned this research to understand what consumers feel about the online purchasing experience and how it can be improved.
It surveyed 900 American consumers aged 17-69 to understand their views on support, technology, the customer experience, and how they make decisions.
Download the e-book and read not only what U.S. consumers expect but also how you can deliver.
- Brands should be trustworthy
- Shopping should be an easy, friction-free process
- Help so that they don’t have to spend time looking
- The ability to self-serve
- An innovative experience that makes shopping easier
Regardless of the health and beauty products in your particular line (hair colors, shampoo, makeup, etc.), consumers expect an informative sales process and want brands to treat them as individuals and offer personalized consultation services.
To succeed in the engagement economy of this digital age, it’s imperative for brands to forge relationships with customers, across every touchpoint—across the entire customer journey - but how?
This whitepaper covers:
- The shifting expectations of today’s health and beauty consumers
- The digital opportunities available in the health and beauty industry
- The overarching challenges facing brands in the digital-first economy
- How human-to-human engagement is possible on digital channels
In this report, our experts in Paid Search and Shopping give context around their clients performance, which have informed crucial shifts in strategy in 2018.
Read on to understand:
- Important updates from Google, Bing, Apple, Amazon and others
- Retail trends across desktop, tablet, and mobile
- A breakdown of key metrics by branded paid search, non-brand paid search, and shopping ads
Choosing the wrong agency to drive growth and customer acquisition can waste ad spend, set you back behind competitors’ more strategic efforts, or even drive you out of business.
But choosing the right agency can fuel growth and success, transforming your business, growing your brand’s value, and even position you for a lucrative exit.
Features of the Elite SEM Agency Evaluation Scorecard include:
- Criteria comparisons for multiple agencies of your choice
- Agency-specific criteria to weigh
- Questions to consider when discussing the account management team working on your account
Optimizing engagement and employee experience is a priority for organizations of all sizes everywhere these days for very good and sound reasons.
They influence how someone feels about the company they work for right through their tenure and how they speak about it – and recommend it, or not – to others after they leave. And they really influences the bottom line.
We’ve conducted a unique piece of research in the US and Europe that covers:
- The focus on meaning-making in the modern workplace
- The new era of human-centric employee experience
- How and why communication is a key piece of the puzzle
- The shared comms experience of employees across diverse industries
- How four generalized employee personas have emerged
As the workplace changes radically – driven by a range of inter-linking factors such as technological advancements, talent shortages, remote working, and sky-high urban property prices – the role of the line manager in this context is going to become even more critical.
Yet, rightly or wrongly, they are consistently seen as being poor communicators. Year after year, poor line manager communication skills occupies the unenviable No 1 slot in the Gatehouse State of The Sector list of barriers to successful internal communications, followed by ‘not fit for purpose technology’. While the latter can be sorted by adopting technology such as Poppulo, what can be done to improve the comms skills of line managers?
Here at Poppulo, we asked ourselves if there was anything we could do to help so we asked communications expert Olga Klimanovich to author this special guide to help line managers become better communicators. It includes some wonderful insight from several IC professionals and covers:
- Capability building
- Capacity building
- Cascade management
- Leadership support
- Process support
- Data to the rescue
- The three areas Elite SEM focused on when tasked with establishing Jet.com’s fledgling Google & Bing accounts.
- How responsiveness and agility played a part in the success of Jet.com’s first year of advertising.
- How audience insights from search & shopping helped the brand refine their overall messaging and focus on more profitable shopper segments.
B2B marketers are standing at the crossroads between opportunity and challenge. The C-suite wants more accountability for marketing spend, but at the same time, the multi-channel sales cycle is becoming increasingly complicated. A growing cadre of B2B marketers is responding to this tension by rethinking B2B marketing basics such as KPIs, budgets and customer journeys. These marketers are part of a trend known as Revenue Marketing. Revenue Marketing is a systematic approach to identifying the drivers and barriers to revenue, rigorously measuring them, and then pulling the marketing levers using data, analytics and automation to optimize marketing ROI and top-line growth. As a business strategy, Revenue Marketing requires the right mix of people, process and technology in order to drive real revenue growth. Marketing automation is certainly one enabling technology, but not the only one. Revenue Marketers use all kinds of tools to drive revenue — from Customer Data Platforms for data centralization and self-service analytics, to workflow automation and attribution. But even more important than investing in technology is the development of business practices that are universally accepted and followed. Our report shows that Revenue Marketers clearly define and document the revenue cycle, they centralize data, integrate their tech stack, and automate workflows. As a result, they have a higher confidence in hitting their revenue goal.
Strategy is crucially important for internal communicators, yet it is all too often either ignored or given scant attention. So, to make strategising easier we collaborated with Vignette, the Employee Experience Agency™, to give you The Ultimate Guide to Internal Communications Strategy.
Your key takeaways:
- A clear, step-by-step path to help leaders, internal communications and HR practitioners develop and deploy internal communications strategies.
- The important difference between tactics and strategy
- Detailed but practical exploration of the four pillars to effective strategy:
- Vision – how to lead the way
- Align – the secret to success
- Research & Insights – removing the guesswork
- Creation – building your internal comms strategy
- Next Steps - moving into action, from strategy to tactics
You'll learn how companies like Kiwi Crate's biggest problems to scaling are often hidden in plain sight, and you’ll be able to follow the same strategy we used to increase purchases 335% for Bombas through the competitive holiday season & normally slow Q1.
- A list of the markers and signs that it's time to scale
- A step-by-step outline of what to do in order to scale
- Insider tips on scaling specifically for seasonal or inventory changes
The last thing you want to hear is that your presenter was dull and people weren’t engaged. A bored audience means low viewing time, low content retention, and, sometimes, total brand rejection. Don’t let that happen to you!
In this on-demand webinar, you’ll learn how to find great webinar talent and best practices to make your existing presenters more engaging and presentations more fun. Expert webinar presenter and ON24 VP of Content Marketing Mark Bornstein will highlight presenter tips, including:
- Where to find great webinar talent
- How to prepare for your webinar
- Tips for directly engaging your audience
- New formats to spice up your webinars
With a little extra effort, your next webinar could be an award-worthy performance. Register today and you’re one step closer to webinar stardom.
The term minimum viable product (MVP) is often misused by people that think it is interchangeable with a BETA. But that’s not the case.
MVPs are comprised of the minimum set of features necessary to prove the most essential hypothesis for a product. They allow businesses to test the readiness of their target market for the product that they are considering launching.
In our latest eBook, What is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)?, you’ll learn why building an MVP instead of utilizing more traditional methods of development provides serious advantages for businesses across industries.
In this eBook, Ledgeview Partners, a leader in Business and Technology Consulting, examines key components of Marketing Automation and the value it provides to organizations in guiding target buyers through the customer journey, while helping you provide them the experience you want them to have.
- The cost of sales and marketing misalignment
- Defining your marketing automation goals & values
- Selecting the right marketing automation software
- 3 key strategies for growth with marketing automation
- Lead scoring best practices
- Lead segments: types & reports
- The power of email marketing
- Finding lead nurturing success
- Identifying marketing automation goals & KPIs within your organization
- Aligning your sales and marketing teams to find your ultimate organizational success with marketing automation
Often neglected, patient retention is a highly profitable aspect of your dental practice's marketing efforts.
You must maintain a seamless experience from the moment they arrive on your website, through to their first and continued visits to your practice.
Download this whitepaper to learn how to:
- Calculate the lifetime value of a patient
- Implement the top five patient retention strategies
- Improve trust in your practice both in person and online
- And more!
Every dental practice wants to provide excellent patient experiences, build relationships, and maximize the overall performance and efficiency of their practice. The key to achieving this is through effective, timely, relevant patient communications.
This 12-month guide includes:
- A comprehensive list of dental-specific and national holidays each month
- 2-3 Unique communication and campaign ideas to send to patients each month
- 3 pre-written, ready-to-go social media posts each month (36 total!) that your practice can easily copy and paste to use on its own social media networks
Get your free copy today to save time when it comes to communicating and growing relationships with patients.
It's no surprise that over 85% of searchers do not go past the first page of search results.
Download this free whitepaper to get expert advice on how to get found easier and faster by prospective patients online!
You'll learn about:
- Key website elements that help boost your site's rankings on search results
- Off-site online marketing strategies that improve your visibility
- Optimizing your practice's business listings
- And more!
"The number of new patients that find us as a result of our online presence is up about 30%." - Dr. Juan Lopez
Find out how to build a marketing plan that will bring in new patients consistently in 8 simple steps.
Today, 72% of people trust online reviews just as much as a personal recommendation.
With more and more people researching businesses online, it may come off as a red flag to potential new patients if there are no reviews available.
Download this whitepaper to learn:
- How to gain more positive reviews from your patients
- Best practices for responding to negative reviews
- Top review websites that your dental practice should be on
- How to easily claim your business profile on today's top review sites
- And more!
Social media has exponentially expanded the reach of word-of-mouth advertising. While a patient may have once recommended you to a few close friends, today experiences are shared with hundreds at a time.
In this 90-second video by ProSites you'll get 5 actionable tips for helping your dental practice attract, engage, and retain patients with social media.
Watch it now!
With internal communications playing a key role in the employee experience, we set out, in conjunction with the world’s leading ethnographic research company, Human Factors International, to investigate what communications mean from an employee perspective.
The industries included: pharmaceuticals, infrastructure engineering, mail and transport services, healthcare and manufacturing.
Research methods included a combination of work environment observation and in-depth interviews with employees, line managers, and Internal Communicators – to obtain a full picture of communications flow through each organization.
During the research, four distinct generalized personas emerged, with commonly shared characteristics irrespective of industry or sector. The results also show a gulf between the priorities and activities of IC teams, on the one hand, and the needs and wants of employees on the other.
Different retailers are growing at different paces in varying categories. As a brand, you need to know which marketplaces and channels to invest in, and grow your sales. This report provides direct insight into consumer actions to help you understand who your target customers are beyond traditional demographic information.
Key takeaways are:
- Accelerate your growth with a comprehensive view across all eCommerce marketplaces
- Maximize your paid search performance on Amazon and other online retailers
- Identify who to target and where to reach them
Why is measurement such a bugbear in IC when it’s so critical to the personal success of internal communicators and the organizations they work for?
When effectiveness cannot be determined if impact isn’t measured. When this dictates the value attached to the IC function and influences budgets allocated to it.
Time pressure and ineffective tools are part of the problem, but many internal communicators simply don’t know what or how to measure. Which is why Poppulo commissioned Jo Hall to create The Essential IC Measurement Workbook.
It’s a brilliantly practical guide that’s full of helpful advice, tips and templates to ease you through the journey of measuring your communications effectively and demonstrating the value your IC team adds to the business.
The Essential IC Measurement Workbook has been created to help internal communicators in the most practical way possible.
We know measurement can be a bit of a pain. That’s why we’re showing you how to make it painless!
It can be one of the most frustrating aspects of working in internal communications. You know measuring your activity is hugely important. In fact it’s critical, not only to proving your own value but also making sure your comms are in line with overall business goals.
This is why we commissioned one of the world’s leading measurement experts, Angela Sinickas, to write what we wanted to be the ultimate, simple-to-understand and practical guide to measurement. So that internal communicators could be more effective and prove value.
Webinars are the best way to generate leads and engage with your prospects and customers. However, for most of us, webinars are still simply talking powerpoint presentations. Isn’t it time your webinars truly rocked?
On 19 December, 2018 at 2:00PM AEDT | 11:00AM SGT attend “Webinars That Rocked, 2018” and see great examples of webinars that raised the bar in 2018. This is your chance to see what is possible in webinar marketing. In this session you will experience:
- Webinar examples from some of today’s leading brands
- New webinar formats
- Ideas for engaging audience experiences
- How video has transformed webinars
You can even vote for the webinar of the year.
This is always the most popular edition of the ON24 Webinar Best Practices Series, attracting thousands of viewers each year. Register today and learn how to turn your webinars into rockstars.
This complete kit will show you how to navigate your book of business, how to forge a well-calculated plan to add more places of interest on the map, and finally, how to connect them with inroads back to your company.
In the eBook you'll learn how to:
- Identify the right buyers to drive engagement
- Involve Sales in the process of developing content
- Establish tangible metrics to track performance
Author and sales speaker Jill Konrath has some tough questions for CMOs, so she interviewed Heidi Bullock the CMO of Engagio.
We asked them:
- What initiatives are forward-thinking CMOs focused on?
- What does a good sales process look like for a CMO?
- How do they evaluate products and services?
- Where do CMOs get insights on solutions?
- And finally...what can a salesperson do to get the attention of a Chief Marketing Officer?
If you’ve been wondering about the secret knock to get in the door - here it is!
Turner-owned TBS and TNT have been enriching the lives of American television viewers since 1976. With help from Branch, TBS and TNT create streamlined web-to-app, paid ad, and social media integrations that deliver visitors directly into app experiences where they can view their favorite programs. Using Branch’s Journeys, Universal Ads, and Deep Linking, TBS and TNT have achieved view-to-install rates that are 10X and 8.7X higher than previous standards.
Finding opportunities to optimize mobile app adoption and in-app engagement is a must, as is offering consistent cross-platform user experiences and attribution. This year’s contributing experts span far and wide—hailing from Amazon, eBay, Facebook, HuffPost, LinkedIn, Lyft, Netflix, Skyscanner, Slack, Spotify, Tinder, Turner, Yelp, and over 100 more—but they have one thing in common: they know mobile.
The 2018 Mobile Growth Handbook includes:
- 120+ new tips and best practices from top mobile growth experts
- Graphs, numbers, and data to help you understand the mobile app ecosystem
- Links to the best blogs, sources, and community for Mobile Growth
- Exclusive insights released from Branch’s 2018 Mobile Growth Industry Report
So what are you waiting for? Download this year’s Handbook, and take your app’s mobile growth to the next level.
This Marketing edition of Small Business Trends magazine is designed to help you make sense of the huge number of marketing tools and techniques out there today.
Our cover story identifies 31 common marketing barriers that a small business faces. We consulted with several top marketing experts and share the best ways to bust through problem situations. Social media marketing is wildly popular but it can be overwhelming and a time suck. Get clarity with our list of 45 ways to use social media for marketing.
Don't miss the branding advice and techniques you can use for your business. We also provide tips on bringing more local customers to your doors. We tackle the 5 biggest marketing mistakes small businesses make so you can avoid them.
There’s all that plus tips on making great videos to promote your business, using direct mail, and lots more marketing goodness!
This original Dummies Book from Wiley explains in plain English how you can select and implement this important branding tool and how doing so will help set up your organization for success, no matter what today’s tech wizards dream up tomorrow.
Open this book and find out:
- How to prepare to purchase brand management software
- Why you need to document and update brand management guidelines
- How brand templates make content creators more productive
- Why you need a brand library
- How to manage creative workflows and reduce the time for approval cycles
Learn how top brands are making changes to stay agile and control consumer experiences, even as they expand to new channels, categories and territories.
Download the guide to see how top brands:
- Scale to support fast growth
- Manage brand standards everywhere they’re needed
- Control collaboration with agencies and freelancers
Time to make the most of your marketing technology. Download this guide to discover:
More than half of marketers (56%) point to fragmented technology as a top barrier to marketing success.
- What core technologies are needed for each function in the marketing organization.
- How to see the interdependencies between marketing functions and core technologies.
- How to make the most of your marketing technology investments by prioritizing the most important ones first.
This small collection of capabilities allows teams to support the complete marketing cycle, but you might be missing the one Forrester calls "the new heart of marketing."
Download our guide, The Core Four: Essential Marketing Technologies to learn:
- Which enterprise applications are essential for digital marketing
- How core technologies fit together to support the complete marketing cycle
- Strategies for connecting essential data and content
Acquiring new members is the lifeblood of any membership organisation. In this hectic digital age, membership organisations risk being left behind when it comes to optimising their new member journeys for the best possible impact. Part of the problem is that many organisations were created long before the internet took over our daily lives. In those days, members tended to be happy with receiving some free books, a magazine, an annual members event, or simply the knowledge that they were part of an exclusive club.
But times have changed, and membership organisations in the 21st century have a much higher bar to reach. Living in a digital age highlights a number of critical concerns for organisations looking to flourish. One of these is your target audience. In its search for new members, your organisation will undoubtedly be targeting young people. Many of these ‘Millennials’ (and younger) have been brought up in a primarily digital environment.
Within this eBook, we help you identify key steps on how to score with lead scoring, moving clients from the awareness stage of the buyer journey to interest to consideration. If you’re ready to take your marketing automation and lead scoring efforts to the next level to make sales, this eBook will help you do it! https://ledgeviewpartners.com/resources/ebook-how-score-with-lead-scoring/
- Behavioral targeting
- Online testing
- Product vision
Read The Next Mobile Decade: Adobe 2018 Mobile Maturity Study, and learn:
- How 500 marketing and IT professionals tackled mobile marketing last year
- Which mobile strategies the most advanced organizations put into practice
- What you can do to make your brand a mobile leader in the next decade
For an individual user, the site appears straightforward, but it’s more complicated if you want to use it to market and grow your business.
This guide includes:
- Setting up a YouTube channel
- Customizing your YouTube profile
- Interacting with others on the platform
- Verifying your channel
- Tips for YouTube Live
- Advertising on YouTube
- The advantages of YouTube Partner Program
- And many more tips and tricks
Uncover what you should know if you want to use YouTube for business.