UPDATE: I would highly recommend Gravity Forms from RocketGenius for a very robust form integration with WordPress!
With over 140 comments, the WordPress Contact Form with Spam Protection has been, by far, the most popular plugin that I’ve helped develop. It’s been downloaded tens of thousands of times and the post is my most popular of my website. I’ve gotten a lot of feedback on the plugin and finally decided to act on it, integrating all the recommendations that my readers have had!
Here are some of the features:
- The ability to create a subject dropdown list.
- The ability to make the challenge answer case sensitive or not.
- Additional improvements to prevent script tags from being evaluated in the fields passed.
- The ability to set a default subject line or allow the user to concatenate their own.
- Nicer styling with highlighted fields.
If you upgrade to this version (2.0.0), please note that you’ll have to modify the code on your Contact Page that instantiates the code. It used to be a comment and now it’s a typical substitution string.
Go to the Project Page for additional details and a download link!