Utilizing WordPress as your content management system is pretty much the norm nowadays. Many of these sites are beautiful but lack any strategy for capturing inbound marketing leads. Companies publish whitepapers, case studies and use cases in great detail without ever capturing the contact information of the folks who download them.
Developing a web site with downloads that can be attained through registration forms is a good inbound marketing strategy. By capturing contact information or perhaps even an opt-in for ongoing email communications – you’re letting the user know that they may be contacted in return for their contact information.
If you don’t use WordPress, want to use forms across multiple platforms or locations, or have very advanced needs, my recommendation is always Formstack. It’s simple to use, setup, and embed regardless of your site. If you’re using WordPress, Gravity Forms has made a very popular plugin that works well for capturing data.
Gravity Forms is an incredible drag and drop form plugin specifically developed for WordPress. It’s well-developed, has a ton of add-ons and integrations, and – best of all – it saves every submission within WordPress. Many of the other form tools out there just push the data to an email address or external site. If there’s any issue with the passing of that data, you don’t have any kind of backup.
Gravity Forms Features Include
- Easy To Use, Powerful Forms – Quickly build and design your WordPress forms using the intuitive visual form editor. Select your fields, configure your options, and easily embed forms on your WordPress powered site using the built in tools.
- 30+ Ready to Use Form Fields – Gravity Forms brings a wide variety of form field inputs to your fingertips and trust us, your fingertips will thank you. Pick and choose which fields you want to use using the easy to use form editor.
- Conditional Logic – Conditional Logic allows you to configure your form to show or hide fields, sections, pages or even the submit button based on user selections. This allows you to easily control what information your user is asked to provide on your WordPress powered site and tailor the form specifically to their needs.
- Email Notifications – Trying to keep on top of all the leads generated from your site? Gravity Forms has email auto-responders to keep you in the know every time a form is submitted.
- File Uploads – Need to have your users submit documents? Photos? That’s easy. Just add file upload fields to your form and save the files to your server.
- Save and Continue – So you’ve crafted an elaborate form and it may take a while to complete. With Gravity Forms you can allow your users to save a partially completed form and return later to finish it.
- Calculations – Gravity Forms isn’t your every day form plugin… it’s a math wiz too. Perform advanced calculations based on submitted field values and amaze your friends.
Gravity Forms is a must for every WordPress site. We are both affiliates and own a lifetime development license!