Have you ever wanted to edit a page or post in WordPress and been frustrated at not being able to search and find the post? How about just being able to add a new post easily? How about just being able to find the login page easily? DK New Media’s awesome developer, Stephen Coley, has finally provided the answer that every WordPress user will want… Teleport.
Teleport is a wicked cool little menu for your self-hosted WordPress blog that pops up when you want it to simply by clicking “w”. Other keyboard shortcuts include:
- e – (Edit) Edit current post/page
- d – (Dashboard) Redirects to the Dashboard
- s – (Settings) Redirects to the Settings page
- a – (Archive) Redirects to Posts/Pages/Custom Post Types
- q – (Quit) Logs the current user out / Redirects to Log In page
- w – Open or Close Teleporter
- esc – Closes the Teleporter
So, if you see a typo on one of your pages… just click “w” followed by “e” and voila! You’re teleported directly to the editor where you can correct the post and quickly publish. Here’s a video overview of how Teleport works:
Stephen has some additional features coming… but this is already an amazing plugin for any WordPress user!