Response and conversion rates on text messages via mobile device are impressive. And it’s truly the only universal messaging medium out there since every other platform has junk filtering and compatibility issues. This infographic from TextMarketer points to a few key elements of an effective SMS marketing message:
- Start with an attention grabber to get the reader engaged and reading on.
- Don’t use texting abbreviations – most mobile users don’t understand them.
- Keep it short – A single text is 160 characters (although you can send multi-part text messages).
- Tell them who you are – Consumers don’t know where the message is coming from unless you announce it.
- Tell them what to do – A strong call to action is key to increasing the effectiveness of your messaging.
Jumpshot studied anonymous consumer actions on mobile and desktop devices within 500 eCommerce sites and marketplaces in Q2 2018, analyzing visits and transactions for different brand categories acros