On Friday, I spoke at eduDEV, a conference of University educators and marketing departments, about the use of Analytics. Much of the audience utilize Google Analytics, so the presentation was modified for it. Rather than do another boring presentation on Google Analytics, I wanted to provide the audience with an impact of what their analytics applications were missing and what other tools were out there to fill the gaps.
The tools that I made mention of in my Analytics presentation:
- Google Analytics URL Builder – a simple tool to generate your campaign querystring for Google Analytics.
- Google Search Console and Bing Webmasters Tools.
- Authority Labs to monitor keyword ranking across your domain in Google and Bing/Yahoo!
- SEOmoz for learning search engine optimization and their PRO toolset for rating and tracking your SEO progress.
- Google Places to add, edit, and modify your location based business in Google’s search results. Bing and Yahoo! have them as well.
- Bit.ly URL tracking. Be sure to sign up for a Pro account and use your own shortened domain. Their Enterprise allows you to track across any shortened URL account.
- Sysomos, Radian6, Lithium (prev. ScoutLabs), Socialmention, Google Alerts, Tinker, Tweetbeep, Backtweets, Tweetmeme and Trackur all offer different flavors of social and reputation monitoring.
- Klout – measuring influence and authority in the social space.
- FeedPress – Analytics for RSS feeds.
- Google Trends and Google Insights for Search.
- Fireside – a robust podcasting platform where we host our marketing podcast with robust listening metrics.
- Vimeo and YouTube both offer robust analytics on the viewing and distribution of your video content.
- Webtrends Mobile Analytics, Webtrends Facebook Analytics, Webtrends Visitor Data Mart and Webtrends Optimize.
I suppose I should mention Slideshare as well! Slideshare provides stats on how your presentations are viewed and distributed online.
Consider why machine learning and predictive analytics can provide top- and- bottom- line value to organizations like yours with the right tools, training, and processes for a range of objectives and use cases.