I’m genuinely surprised by how many clients we speak to that host their sites and either don’t have a backup of their site, don’t regularly schedule backups, or are using a method that backs up the site on the server it’s hosted on. When catastrophes happen, this isn’t a solution. Here are three scenarios we’ve seen firsthand:
- The site is hacked and malicious code is inserted into core code and even the database, making it nearly impossible to clean the site. It wasn’t backed up and can’t be restored.
- The site is updated and breaks, but it wasn’t backed up and can’t be restored.
- The hosting goes down for an extended period or goes down indefinitely. There’s no backup to restore the site to a new host.
Safeguarding the investment you’ve made in your website is paramount. Imagine losing months of hard work to populate a site instantly due to a simple mistake. One of our clients learned this the hard way when an administrator deleted a user from their CMS, resulting in all of their associated content being deleted as well. The content was gone, and panic ensued.
Our engagement was to build the client’s theme, not manage hosting and implementation, which meant they only had a theme backup, leaving the vital content stored in the database unprotected. To make matters worse, neither the client nor their inexpensive hosting provider had a reliable database backup method.
CodeGuard provides automatic website backups delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS). CodeGuard works effortlessly behind the scenes, monitoring websites and ensuring the site is safe and regularly backed up.
Here are some key advantages of using CodeGuard:
- Solving Problems Faster: CodeGuard’s innovative ChangeAlerts help quickly identify the root causes of issues, reducing unbillable time spent on client issues. With one-click restore, remediation becomes a breeze after pinpointing the problem.
- Protecting Clients: Often, clients unintentionally cause more issues than malicious hackers. CodeGuard shields clients from themselves, safeguarding against file deletions, overwrites, and human errors.
- Protecting the Bottom Line: Establishing clear responsibility for client issues and preventing costs from spiraling out of control. Converting unbillable hours into profitable work by remediating issues beyond their control.
- Increasing Revenue: CodeGuard offers an additional revenue stream for businesses. Reselling to clients is effortless. Simply activate their website during the build or update process, add CodeGuard as a line item, and educate clients about its importance.
CodeGuard is compatible with various content management systems and applications, including WordPress, Joomla!, Magento, Drupal, and MySQL. Its platform-agnostic technology ensures comprehensive website and database backup support.
CodeGuard isn’t just a solution for your clients; it’s the opportunity to increase your own revenue stream with their white-label solution. Agency features include:
- Backups: Providing peace of mind to clients by using CodeGuard to backup and maintain their websites.
- Staging Servers: Testing backed-up sites before going live.
- Malware: Integrated with MalwareGone, Codeguard can monitor and remove malware automatically.
- White-label: Brand your client access and determine your own pricing to bill clients.
- WordPress Plugin: One-click backups, restores, and hassle-free plugin updates for WordPress.
- Website Migration: Smooth website migrations.
- Marketing Toolkit: Promoting CodeGuard backup solutions seamlessly.
- Product Support: Easy integration for increased client trust.
- Customer Management Dashboard: Reducing internal support costs and differentiating host offerings.
Learn more about how CodeGuard can transform online security and increase revenue. Join the journey to a safer digital world.