It’s not ironic that we’re sharing this infographic on the day that we visited the headquarters of Bluebridge, a digital mobile application platform. We had a very robust mobile application, but the company pivoted away from mobile, and now we’re stuck with a broken mobile application.
We know that we’re losing some engagement by not pushing our content to the platform. We’ve been looking forward to getting a new version up, and Bluebridge has a very nice suite of tools. They’re doing an incredible job and growing rapidly.
The rapid rise of smartphone and tablet adoption has affected almost every aspect of digital marketing. The impact ranges from the most recent ‘Mobile-friendly’ algorithm changes to Google’s smartphone search results through to the lower conversion rates on smartphones, use of social media on mobile and ensuring that our emails are mobile-friendly. Dave Chaffey
Highlights from The State of Mobile Marketing 2015
- 86% of time is spent on mobile applications versus mobile web. If you wish to engage via mobile, it’s time to invest in a mobile application!
- 90% of smartphone shoppers use their phone for pre-purchasing activities and 84% of shoppers use their devices to help show while in a store.
- 25% of overall search queries are now on a mobile device.
- In 2016, mobile ad spending will exceed spending on desktop, reaching almost $70 billion worldwide.
- Mobile email open rates have grown 180% in three years, with 48% of all emails opened on a smartphone.
Jumpshot studied anonymous consumer actions on mobile and desktop devices within 500 eCommerce sites and marketplaces in Q2 2018, analyzing visits and transactions for different brand categories acros