CSS Hero is a fantastic resource for CSS modifications in WordPress themes for quite some time. Tools like these are making customizations simple to WordPress users who want to customize their designs, but lack the CSS coding experience necessary.
CSS Hero Features Include
- Point and Click Interface – mouse hover and click the element you want to edit and adjust it to fit your needs.
- Theme Agnostic – Add Hero powers to your themes, no extra coding on your themes is needed and allows full control on which properties\elements you want to be editable.
- Live Device-Mode Edits – Adjust and customize the way your theme displays on handheld devices, add device-specific customizations live.
- Intelligent Color Picking – Adding your personal touch to your themes is now as easy as pointing and clicking a color, Hero also stores your latest used colors.
- Use 600+ Fonts – Add your own touch of class and personality to your WordPress Themes by choosing from a wide list of popular web-fonts and glyphs
- Complex CSS – Building gradients, box shadows, text-shadows and all the modern CSS properties is now a point and click affair.
- No Lock-In – Need to move to another platform? No worries, all the hero generated CSS can be exported in one click.
- CSS Edits History – CSS Hero automatically stores all your edits in a detailed history list, going back and forward in history steps is as easy as clicking the undo\redo buttons.
- CSS Hero Inspector – Inspector is a CSS Hero Plugin which allows additional control on Hero generated code. With inspector you can easily refine, edit, remove Hero generated style or even add your own one as you would usually do with your favorite web inspection tool such as Chrome's Inspector or Firebug.
- Light Footprint – CSS Hero was built from the grounds up to be a “light footprint” plugin, basically it does use resources only while launching the live css editor. It will not slow down your WordPress admin or clutter it with lots of option panels. It uses little memory while it does a really useful job.
Newly launched is the the CSS3 Animate It library, offering many cool animation effects, including bounce, fade, flip, pulse, rotate, shake, and wiggle. Click through for the video included in this post.