The Economist Group has done quite a thorough survey and analysis of B2B attitudes and produced this infographic with the results. With each question, there’s a comparison of business veterans versus the next generation of business buyers. It’s interesting to see the significant gap between the two.
In reviewing the gaps, there are some fascinating differences
- Business veterans find research reports more helpful by a whopping 35%!
- Business veterans, by 26%, spend at least four hours per week perusing business content.
- Business veterans are 25% more likely to find whitepapers more helpful.
- Business veterans are 23% more likely to be turned off by content that sounds like a sales pitch.
- Business veterans are 22% more likely to prefer content in the form of articles.
Perhaps not surprising, young business people favor video content (by 9%) than the average business veteran. This is even more evidence of the infinite array of customer journeys that content marketers are challenged with.Click to Open Full Size
Learn how to create high-quality content that motivates publishers to publish, and readers to share. Discover tactical takeaways from the 2018 State of B2B Content Consumption and Demand Report, on Thursday, August 23rd at 12:30 p.m. EDT/9:30 a.m. PST.