Quite a few people wonder how I’m able to find such a wide array of sales and marketing technology platforms and tools out there that they hadn’t heard of yet, or that may even be beta. Aside from alerts I have set up, there are some great resources out there for finding tools. I was recently sharing my list with Matthew Gonzales and he shared a few of his favorites and it got me started on building a complete list.
With the incredible selection of tools available, marketers are at a distinct advantage to find tailored solutions at a lower cost. Virtually everyone I work with has been able to upgrade the products and services helping them while lowering the annual spend. And that even includes clients I have that are building custom solutions off of publicly accessible APIs.
Side note on this, I don’t see these sites as a competitor to Martech Zone at all. My objective at Martech Zone is always to introduce the tool to you, provide some key differentiators, and then let you investigate further on whether or not it’s the appropriate solution.
One reason I’m hesitant to do comparisons of software solutions is that the best solution is very subjective… the process for building requirements, evaluating, and selecting software has a ton of variables – people, processes, timelines, budget, features, integrations, etc. The best solution for one company isn’t typically the best solution for another.
If you’re interested, I have helped dozens of companies save millions of dollars by doing full audits of their stacks, identifying opportunities to better utilize them, and finding them the appropriate solution to migrate to that would provide a better return on their technology investment.
Martech Stack Intelligence
- CabinetM – If you’re a consultant or enterprise company, you’ll want to check out CabinetM, a solution to document your marketing stack. Not only does the platform enable organizations to audit, manage their technology, and identify products to integrate, consolidate or replace, but it also provides a ton of feedback on what similar technologies are being adopted by other companies.
Software Advice Sites
Here are services and sites that I keep an eye on that are great. Some of them are investment tools, some new discovery sites, and many are software comparison sites.
Side note… if you’re a sales or marketing technology platform, make sure that your platform is included on these sites. Not only can it drive qualified leads with a high intent to purchase, it will help build your brand awareness and provide highly relevant mentions for your search engine rankings.
- alternativeTo – Provide what application you want to replace and they give you great alternatives, based on user recommendations.
- Analyzo – Find and compare the best tools for your business
- AppSumo – You take care of the product. AppSumo will take care of the sales.
- AppVita – Featuring the best in web applications.
- Astrogrowth – Software guides and comparisons to discover platforms for each category.
- Beta List – Beta List provides an overview of upcoming internet startups. Discover and get early access to the future.
- BetaPage – Browse, discover, hunt startups, and new ideas.
- Capterra – helps businesses & nonprofits find the software that will allow them to improve, grow, and succeed.
- Crazy about Startups – Features any startup.
- Crozdesk – Web apps finder.
- Crunchbase – CrunchBase is the definitive database of the startup ecosystem. The Business Graph connects companies, people, products, and events to provide the data that you need. Subscribe to the top funding email!
- DiscoverCloud – compare apps for business.
- Erli Bird – Where Great New Products Are Born.
- G2 Crowd – Compare the best business software and services based on user ratings and social data.
- GetApp – Review, compare, and evaluate small business software. GetApp has software offers, SaaS and Cloud Apps, independent evaluations, and reviews.
- Get Tech Press – Get access to 3000+ tech journalists, Growth Hacks, Submit sites, Facebook groups, and more.
- Hacker News – a social news website focusing on computer science and entrepreneurship.
- IdeaSquares – an online space to crowdsource support and feedback for business ideas.
- Kickoff Boost – Released a product or app? Submit it and get an instant boost in traffic.
- Killer Startups – Startup reviews, inspiration, ideas, and news.
- Launched! – a community where makers showcase their startup/product and get feedback from early adopters.
- Launch Lister – Get your startup out in front of early adopters and industry leaders.
- Launching Next – The world’s most promising startups.
- List.ly – a search on Listly can produce dozens of lists with great tools.
- Makeuseof – a destination for learning more about technology and the many ways that it can improve your life.
- Mattermark – Research, prospect, and track the fastest-growing private companies with deal intelligence
- Netted – the best apps, products, and services that make your life better.
- NextBigWhat – Indian startups, founders, CXOs, and Product Marketers.
- Pressfarm – Find journalists to write about your startup.
- ProductHunt – ProductHunt is a curation of the best new products, every day. Discover the latest mobile apps, websites, and technology products that everyone’s talking about.
- Promotehour – List of the best places to submit your startup
- Promote Project – Showcase your creations to the world.
- Rate My Startup – Submit your startup to be featured.
- Reddit Startups – a forum of entrepreneurs working towards unbiased and anonymous feedback, advice, ideas, and discussion.
- SaaSHub – The independent software marketplace.
- Siftery – Discover products that are a great fit for your company
- SocialPiq – SocialPiq is a service to find the right social media tools for your needs. There are tons of social media tools out there, and SocialPiq keeps track of the important ones, laying out an easy way to understand what they do.
- Software Advice – Software Reviews from the Business Experts at Software Advice.
- Springwise – Join the world’s largest idea spotter network.
- Stacklist – A curated guide and founders’ reviews for business tools to grow your startup.
- Stackshare – Discover, discuss, and share the best dev tools and services.
- StartItUp – StartItUp is a startup directory where you can submit your startup entirely for free.
- Startups.co – helps startups get customers, press, funding, and mentors.
- Startup Beat – takes a new and improved look at startups from around the world.
- Startup Buffer – We know how hard is to promote your startup. We are here to help!
- Startup Digger – Newest products and entrepreneurship-related discussions from all around the web.
- The Startup INC – an initiative to help startups thrive and succeed in this highly competitive market.
- Startup Inspire – Submit and promote your Startup
- The Startup Project – coverage of exciting new startups online.
- Startup Ranking – ranking of startups based on the importance of a startup and its social influence.
- StartupLi.st – Find, follow, and recommend startups.
- StartUpLift – feature your startup and help receive insightful, actionable feedback.
- Startuplister – Get your startup listed on niche directories, review sites, and industry blogs to help with your startup marketing efforts for only $50.
- TechCrunch – TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news.
- ToolOwl – A site that reviews tools.
- Trustpilot – consumer reviews. Get the real inside story from shoppers like you. Read, write, and share reviews.
- Topio Networks – provides detailed intelligence about use cases, verticals, and industries.
- TrustRadius – is a community of professionals sharing software reviews, software discussions, and best practices.
There are other tools out there as well, but I have found that many of them are automated, have become SPAM engines, or the groupings are not cleaned up. These tools above have provided some great tools for us.
An honorable mention to add here is MyStartupTool, a directory of active tools for promoting your startup. As well, as our sponsors and clients have expanded, they’ve become awesome lead resources. If you’re looking to build a microsite to attract beta users, be sure to also check out Prefinery.
Disclosure: Martech Zone is using affiliate links in this post.