Marketing departments are often understaffed and overworked – balancing time on moving data between systems, identifying opportunities, and deploying content and campaigns to increase awareness, engagement, acquisition, and retention. At times, though, I see companies struggling to keep up when there are real solutions out there that would reduce the resources necessary to increase overall effectiveness.
Artificial intelligence is one of those technologies – and it’s already proving to provide real value to marketers as we speak. Each of the major marketing frameworks has their own AI engine. With Salesforce’s dominance in the industry, Salesforce and Marketing Cloud clients need to take a look at Einstein, Salesforce’s AI platform. While many AI engines require a lot of development, Salesforce Einstein was developed to be deployed with minimal programming and integrations throughout the Salesforce sales and marketing stack… whether B2C or B2B.
A key reason why AI is becoming so prominent in sales and marketing is that, if deployed correctly, it removes the internal bias of our marketing teams. Marketers tend to specialize and move in the direction they’re most comfortable when it comes to branding, communication, and execution strategies. We often comb through data to support the premise that we have the most confidence in.
The promise of AI is that it provides an unbiased opinion, based on fact, and one that continues to improve over time as new data is introduced. While I trust my gut, I’m always impressed with the findings that AI produces! Ultimately, I believe it frees up my time, enabling me to focus on creative solutions with the benefit of objective data and findings.
What is Salesforce Einstein?
Einstein can assist companies make decisions faster, make employees more productive, and make customers happier using artificial intelligence (AI) across the Salesforce Customer 360 Platform. It’s user interface requires minimal programming and utilizes machine learning to take historical data to predict or optimize future marketing and sales efforts.
There are several ways artificial intelligence can be deployed, here are the key benefits and features of Salesforce Einstein:
Salesforce Einstein: Machine Learning
Get more predictive about your business and customers.
- Einstein Discovery – Boost productivity and discover relevant patterns in all your data, whether it lives in Salesforce or outside. Find simple AI insights and recommendations to tough problems. Then, take action on your findings without ever leaving Salesforce.
- Einstein Prediction Builder – Predict business outcomes, such as churn or lifetime value. Create custom AI models on any Salesforce field or object with clicks, not code.
- Einstein Next Best Action – Deliver proven recommendations to employees and customers, right in the apps where they work. Define recommendations, create action strategies, build predictive models, display recommendations, and activate automation.
Salesforce Einstein: Natural Language Processing
Use NLP to find linguistic patterns you can use to answer questions, respond to requests, and identify conversations about your brand across the web.
- Einstein Language – Understand how customers feel, automatically route inquiries, and streamline your workflows. Build natural language processing into your apps to classify the underlying intent and sentiment in a body of text, no matter what the language.
- Einstein Bots – Easily build, train, and deploy custom bots on digital channels that are connected to your CRM data. Enhance business processes, empower your employees, and delight your customers.
Salesforce Einstein: Computer Vision
Computer vision includes visual pattern identification and data processing to track your products and brand, recognize text in images, and more.
- Einstein Vision – See the entire conversation about your brand on social media and beyond. Use intelligent image recognition in your apps by training deep learning models to recognize your brand, products, and more.
Salesforce Einstein: Automatic Speech Recognition
Automatic speech recognition translates spoken language into text. And Einstein takes it a step further, by putting that text into the context of your business.
- Einstein Voice – Get daily briefings, make updates, and drive dashboards by simply speaking to Einstein Voice Assistant. And, create and launch your own custom, branded voice assistants with Einstein Voice Bots.
Visit Salesforce’s Einstein site for additional information about the product, artificial intelligence, AI research, Use Cases, and Frequently Asked questions.
Be sure to contact my Salesforce consulting and implementation firm, Highbridge, and we can assist you with deploying and integrating any one of these strategies.