Founded in 2005 to help their co-founder sell his band’s merchandise, Big Cartel is now home to over 400,000 independent artists worldwide. Their ecommerce platform is specifically built to help creatives get their products online. Here’s a video from one of their customers, Long Live the Swarm, a clothing designer.
Big Cartel offers the following benefits and features:
- Quick setup – Get a simple store online in minutes.
- Easy to use – they provide a simple platform that’s simple to use.
- Business minded – reporting and order management.
- Branded – Simple to advanced customization with no coding required. Users can select pre-made themes and easily customize the images, colors, and fonts.
- Custom domains – Use any domain you own to give your store a custom URL.
- Manage orders – an order management area and order confirmation emails you can customize.
- Search engine optimized – shops are optimized for search engines, based on Google’s recommendations.
- Stats and analytics – monitor store activity and growth with real-time dashboard stats and Google Analytics integration.
- Discount codes – discount codes offer a variety of ways to market new products, promote your store, and reward loyal customers.
- Digital products – sell digital art, music, videos, fonts, photos, eBooks, and other downloadable products with our integrated sister-service, Pulley.
- Sell on Facebook – Add your store to any Facebook page and connect your fans to your products through our seamlessly-integrated Facebook app.
- Mobile checkout – sell your goods directly from your iPhone with the Big Cartel app.
Today's digitally empowered customers create a challenge for organizations to sell, market and service them effectively. Expectations are higher than ever before, and customers openly share both positive and negative experiences with just a few clicks on review websites, app ratings and social media.