Good friend Adam Small has a mobile text marketing platform that sees incredible redemption rates on SMS text offers. One technique he told me about that a client that offered a bring a friend offer where you received a free shake when you brought a friend to the establishment. They would send the text out a half hour before lunch and there’d be a line out the door. It’s a great concept because you’re not just targeting a person that jumps on the discount, you’re getting a new patron who gets to try out your food!
Colourfast, a leading card printer in Canada, has developed an infographic called Digital Coupons are Driving Mobile and Omni-Channel Sales that walks through usage and statistics associated with digital coupon marketing strategies. The infographic provides these 7 Tips for Effective Digital Coupon Marketing:
- Integrate with Email – Ensure digital coupons integrate with your customers’ email. Capturing an email address provides you the opportunity to regularly update them on specials and discounts as well!
- Include Visual Appeal – Include your logo or photos of the products with bold, vibrant colors and fonts that will intrigue consumers.
- Target Consumers – With geo-targeting, businesses are able to take advantage of consumer location to deliver coupons when they’re nearby!
- Partner with a Distributor – Coupon services have massive distribution opportunities to extend your reach.
- Use Text Messaging – Create a program for customers that makes them feel as though they’re part of a special club and provide them unique offers.
- Encourage Sharing – Incorporate social media buttons to allow for one-click sharing across social media platforms.
- Measure Results – As each promotion reaches its expiration date, see what works and what didn’t and optimize your next campaign.
Despite what you might guess, calls to businesses are not decreasing as investment in digital marketing grows. Instead, the investment in digital marketing has actually led to a dramatic rise in calls to businesses.