While other channels continue to be more popular, there's one communication channel that continues to spectacularly outperform every channel when it comes to driving retail traffic, non-profit donations, and immediate engagement. That channel is sending a mobile text message via SMS.
SMS Marketing Statistics
- Text messages via SMS have a read rate of 98%
- 9 out of 10 text messages are opened within 3 seconds of being received
- 29% of people targeted with SMS opt-in campaigns respond to the message
- 14% of people targeted will make a purchase resulting from the original opt-in message
- 60% of people opt-in to text messages to receive coupons
SMS opt-in campaigns are intended to be attractive to targeted customers, but if opt-in messages don't give customer what they want or become invasive in their delivery, the campaigns won't work. Learn how to optimize your opt-in campaign so that customers are persuaded to engage with your messages not just once but continuously. Neon SMS
Neon SMS of Ireland put together this comprehensive infographic, Optimising SMS Opt-Ins, that walks a marketer through every aspect of text message marketing and increasing the performance of your SMS opt-in efforts, including:
- Providing average SMS opt-in rates per channel by placement.
- The main reasons for people choosing to opt-in
- SMS Opt-In message legal requirements
- How to build an SMS opt-in list through advertising
- How to optimise your SMS opt-in strategy
- How to convince customers to opt-in to your SMS strategy
- How to target your intended customers to opt-in