Over at WPEngine, I noticed they were running a really nice online chat program that popped up after about 45 seconds on the site. More and more of our clients had been asking for such a solution, so I did some digging and was surprised what I found!
SnapEngage is a ridiculously simple Chat program for your website that takes about 5 minutes to install:
- First, you fill out their widget and embed the script in your site.
- Next, you connect with the virtual ‘visitors’ on Gtalk or Skype.
That’s it… you’re done! Seriously!
The platform has a ton of additional customizations available so we did a couple more things:
- We customized the button and are upgrading the template (requires $49/mo business account or greater).
- We added a “Chat with Us” link on our Facebook Page (Beta feature).
- We are pushing the transcript file to our inbox.
- We added Basecamp integration (no cost) so that each conversation starts a thread in a new project we called ‘Leads’. They integrate with a number of CRMs (including SalesForce) and helpdesks.
- We added more employees (the business account allows up to 4) and customized their photos.
Check out all the features of SnapEngage on their features page – it’s both robust and affordable! This is a fantastic timesaver for people who visit your site and it provides a great opportunity to capture a lead that may not find what they want and abandon your site altogether.
Oh… and yes, that’s an affiliate link!