One of the really enjoyable and fulfilling jobs that I had was working as a product manager for an enterprise SaaS platform. People underestimate the process required to successfully plan, design, prototype, and collaborate on the most minor user interface changes.
In order to plan the smallest feature or user interface change, I would interview heavy users of the platform in how they utilize and interact with the platform, interview prospective customers on how they would utilize the feature, discuss options with the architecture teams and front-end designers on possibilities, then develop and test prototypes. The process could take months before a wireframe moved through to production. As it was being developed, I’d also had to mockup screenshots for documentation and product marketing.
Having a platform to develop, share, and collaborate on mockups was absolutely critical. I wish we’d had a platform that was as easy and flexible as Moqups. With an online mockup and wireframe tool like Moqups, your team can:
- Accelerate Your Creative Process – Work within a single creative context to maintain your team’s focus and momentum.
- Involve All Stakeholders – Product Managers, Business Analysts, System Architects, Designers and Developers – building consensus and communicating clearly.
- Work remotely in the Cloud – anytime and on any device – without the hassle of uploading and downloading files.
Let’s do a quick tour of Moqups.
Design – Visualize Your Concept
Envision, test, and validate your ideas with quick wireframes and detailed mockups. Moqups enables your business to explore and iterate as your team builds momentum – moving seamlessly from lo-fi to hi-fi as your project evolves.
Plan – Shape Your Ideas
Capture concepts and give direction to your projects with our professional diagramming tools. Moqups also enables you to create sitemaps, flowcharts, storyboards – and jump effortlessly between diagrams and designs to keep your work in sync.
Prototype – Present Your Project
Create a functional prototype by adding interactivity to your designs. Moqups allows users to simulate the user experience, uncover hidden requirements, find dead ends, and get final sign-off from all stakeholders before investing in development.
Collaborate – Communicate In Real-time
Keep everybody on the same page, providing feedback at every stage of the design process. Hear all voices, consider all options – and establish consensus – by editing in real-time and commenting directly on the designs.
Moqups has a full ecosystem of tools within a single design environment, including:
- Drag and drop elements – Quickly and easily from a comprehensive library of widgets and smart-shapes.
- Ready-to-use Stencils – Select from a range of integrated stencil kits for both mobile-app and web design – including iOS, Android, and Bootstrap.
- Icon Libraries – Built-in library with thousands of popular Icon Sets, or choose from Font Awesome, Material Design, and Hawcons.
- Import Images – Upload ready-made designs, and quickly convert them into interactive prototypes.
- Object Editing – Resize, rotate, align and style objects – or transform multiple objects and groups – with smart and dynamic tools. Bulk-edit, rename, lock, and group elements. Undo or redo on multiple levels. Quickly identify objects, navigate through nested groups, and toggle visibility – all within the Outline Panel. Make precision adjustments with grids, rulers, custom-guides, snap-to-grid, and quick-alignment tools. Scale, without loss of quality, with vectorial zooming.
- Font Libraries – Select from hundreds of font choices with integrated Google Fonts.
- Page Management – Powerful, flexible, and scalable Page Management. Drag and drop pages to quickly reorder them – or organize them within folders. Hide pages or folders – that aren’t quite ready for primetime – with a simple click of the mouse.
- Master Pages – Save time by leveraging Master Pages, and automatically apply any changes to all associated pages.
- Atlassian – Moqups has support availalbe for Confluence Server, Jira Server, Confluence Cloud, and Jira Cloud.
Over 2 million people are already using Moqups for app and website prototyping and wireframing!
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Moqups and I’m using my links throughout this article.