One area of expertise I pride myself on is my ability to assist our clients in growing their businesses through organic search engine traffic. I’m a huge proponent of SEO for a few reasons:
- Intent – search engine visitors enter keywords, phrases, or questions in search queries because they’re actively seeking a solution to their problem(s). This is far different than most mediums that promote a brand to an audience regardless of whether or not they’re seeking a solution.
- Qualification – with a robust website and great content, search engine visitors tend to prequalify themselves before they have to. If I research your company, products, and services, and then reach out to you… there’s a good chance I have the budget and am on a timeline to purchase.
- Investment – when you stop paying for ads, your ads stop driving leads and conversions. That’s not the same with organic search. I have articles on this site that I wrote a decade ago that still drive relevant leads today.
You Need Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization algorithms have evolved nicely over the years. Just a decade ago, if you understood the algorithms, you could likely cheat your way to the top of search engine rankings. Now, search is personalized and localized to the user and the algorithms are better at predicting user behavior rather than optimizing your site, pushing content, and accumulating backlinks.
That doesn’t mean that those things don’t matter, though. The analogy I often use with our clients is that the technology they’ve implemented is much like a race car. If they hope to win the race, knowing how to drive is not enough. They must have a team that can maintain, tune, and enhance the car. They have to understand their competitors and understand how to get to the finish line without making mistakes.
You’re left with a couple of options:
- SEO Consultant – As a search engine consultant, I’ve invested in several platforms, continuously am keeping up on the industry, and work with a variety of clients who all have different challenges that we need to overcome. We’re really good at what we’re doing… but that doesn’t mean that your business can afford to work with us… or that you’re going to get an ROI fast enough to keep your management happy.
- Do-It-Yourself – Can you or someone on your staff learn enough about SEO to grow your organic traffic, leads, and conversions? Yes, you absolutely can. SEO can be highly technical, but I wouldn’t put it outside anyone’s limitations to learn and become proficient at. My only concern here is that the individual is using a trustworthy platform and that they’re focused on their user and not the algorithms.
Either of those two choices has one thing in common… they’re using an SEO platform to audit, monitor, research, and improve their overall organic rankings. Not all SEO platforms work alike, though. Many are vast toolsets that an expert can dive into to dig up some gems in optimization. Others are antiquated and based on out-of-date algorithms that can hurt you rather than help you.
Sitechecker: Audits, Alerts, and Suggestions
Aide from rank tracking and competitive intelligence, one tool that’s invaluable to every SEO consultant or do-it-yourselfer is a website audit that crawls your site, identifies problems, and provides you with a prioritized list of what needs to be optimized and how to optimize it. You’d be surprised at how poorly most audits are built… even with the most popular SEO tools.
Sitechecker stands out against its competitors as, in my opinion, the most thorough and accurate audits, website monitoring, real-time alerts, and SEO suggestion platforms in the industry. The Sitechecker platform includes:
- Crawler – a real-time cloud-based website crawler that identifies technical issues and provides a prioritized to-do list with detailed guides on how to fix the errors.
- Monitoring – real-time monitoring to identify what has changed on your site and the impact that it’s having on your overall organic search rankings.
- Rank Tracker – monitor how your website ranks, its overall visibility, indexing progress, and suggestions on how to improve the rankings.
- Backlink Tracker – keep track of backlink changes to avoid losing valuable links and to identify opportunities for new links.
- On-Page SEO Checker – discover why your landing pages are not ranking in Google with this comprehensive audit and easy-to-apply solutions.
Sitechecker provides your overall webpage health with an associated score based on warnings and critical issues. The report provides all the insight into internal optimization, including your page size, meta tag usage, heading structure, text length, and text-to-code ratio. Included is whether your site is optimized for sharing and conversion on social media with Open Graph and Twitter Card validation. And, of course, all technical search, site speed, and other relevant issues are reported as well.
We migrated our agency to Sitechecker and our ability to identify and prioritize organic search issues with our clients has not only become very simple to audit and report on, but at a fraction of the cost from other popular SEO platforms.Douglas Karr, DK New Media
How To Get Started With Sitechecker
The team at Sitechecker offered me a free account to set up Martech Zone and I was instantly sold. While I had to leverage a crawler and scour an SEO platform to identify issues on my clients’ sites, Sitechecker is far easier to understand and operate.
Here’s a short video that you can watch to understand how to create your first project and get the platform up and running. Just add your domain as a new project, connect your analytics and search console accounts, and the platform can begin crawling your site, monitoring your rankings, and providing you with comprehensive and prioritized issues to correct.
Whether you’re an experienced SEO professional or a small business looking to optimize your digital presence for organic rankings, I’d encourage you to test out the free trial. At a minimum, you’ll get yourself a fantastic audit that you can start optimizing against.
I’ve been working steadily over the last couple of years to improve the user experience here on Martech Zone but I have thousands of issues that I’m slowly combing through and repairing… many have to do with outdated content, missing videos, poor image resolutions, internationalization, links that no longer exist… and more.
Sitechecker provides a prioritized list of these issues, the pages they occur on, as well as information on how to correct the issue. Here’s a preview of my site audit:
Disclosure: Martech Zone is an affiliate of Sitechecker and we’re using our affiliate links in this article.