Are you looking at Drupal? Have you heard of Drupal but not sure what it can do for you? Is the Drupal icon just so cool that you want to be a part of this movement?
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
I recommend these resources to get started learning more about Drupal:
- The Ultimate Guide To Drupal™ – A Step-By-Step Video Tutorial Training That Shows You Drupal-Conquering Shortcut Secrets… In Under 6 Hours, And Without Any Headaches!
- Video: Dries Buytaert, the creator of Drupal, collected various responses to help answer that age old question “What is Drupal“. This short video provides perspective and insight on how developers, designers, editors, and content creators approach Drupal. This short video is from Dries Buytaert’s keynote at DrupalCon Chicago, March 7, 2011.
- Book: Using Drupal provides implementation examples for a variety of web use cases, from creating a product review site to setting up an online store. The examples utilize many of the contributed modules the Drupal community has created.
Drupal Podcast series
- The Drupal Voices podcast series provides short format insights into what is happening in the community, what technologies are being utilized, and how modules are developing.
- The Lullabot podcast series goes deep into how sites are implemented with Drupal and where interesting people are focusing their energy in module development and creating awesome websites.
History of Drupal
Check out this great infographic on the history of Drupal from CMS Website Services: