When I wanted to mix a video for a recent podcast, I was pretty frustrated with iMovie. It’s as if Apple has just given up on updating the platform for the needs of today’s businesses and creators. I called my goto video production expert, AJ Ablog, to give me a walk-through of Adobe Premiere Pro. I was stunned (and overwhelmed) with the number of features Adobe had packed into this platform. One of those features was AI-powered transcription:
If you read the transcription, it’s not perfect. One example is writing Zoom instead of Zone. When it comes to AI-powered transcription in the context of sales, marketing, and online technology, this is one of the challenges. There are a few others:
- Accuracy and Contextual Understanding: AI transcription services may struggle with accurately transcribing content that includes technical jargon, proprietary words, or industry-specific terms. This can be a significant challenge when dealing with content related to online technology.
- Cultural Nuances and Regional Accents: Understanding cultural nuances and accents can be essential, especially if your transcription involves discussions or interviews with people from various backgrounds. AI may not always accurately capture these nuances, leading to misunderstandings.
- Brand Names and Product Terminology: In the sales and marketing space, it’s crucial to correctly transcribe brand names, product names, and specific terminology. AI transcription services may not consistently recognize and transcribe these correctly.
That said, I’ve found that AI-powered transcription is as accurate as services that we’ve utilized in the past. It’s my opinion that manual translation as a service will soon be non-existent thanks to advancements in artificial intelligence. There are some things to keep in mind, though, when utilizing these platforms for machine translation:
- Select a Reliable Service: Choose a reputable AI transcription service that offers accuracy and supports industry-specific terminology. Look for user reviews and recommendations from professionals in your field.
- Customize Language Models: Some AI transcription services allow you to fine-tune language models for your specific industry or needs. Customize the models to improve accuracy in recognizing proprietary words and technical terms.
- Review and Edit: After receiving the AI-generated transcript, allocate time for manual review and editing. Correct any inaccuracies, identify missing context, and ensure that brand names and technical terms are correctly transcribed.
- Consider Cultural Nuances: If your content involves discussions with people from diverse backgrounds, be prepared to review and edit for cultural nuances or accents that the AI may have missed.
- Feedback Loop: Continuously provide feedback to the AI transcription service. Many services improve over time as they learn from user input. Your feedback can help enhance accuracy in the future.
By following this process, you can leverage AI-powered transcription effectively in the context of sales, marketing, and online technology while addressing the specific challenges associated with these fields.
Notta: Your Voice-to-Text Transcription Platform
If you’re looking for an AI-powered voice-to-text transcription platform, Notta has everything you need. Notta offers a comprehensive voice-to-text transcription tool that simplifies converting audio and video content into written transcripts.
Here are the key features and functionalities of Notta:
- Import Audio Files: Effortlessly transcribe audio and video files, eliminating the need for manual note-taking during important meetings and presentations. Import your files and let Notta’s advanced AI technology do the heavy lifting, saving you valuable time and ensuring accurate transcriptions.
- Live Transcription with Timestamps: Real-time transcription with timestamps and auto-correction ensures you capture every detail, even during fast-paced discussions. Stay on top of discussions, and timestamps provide context to the spoken words, enhancing comprehension.
- Speaker Diarization: Separate and identify different speakers in a given audio recording. Diarization segments an audio recording into distinct segments or clusters, each corresponding to a particular speaker. Diarization is particularly useful in multi-speaker audio and video recordings.
- Schedule Meetings: Seamlessly schedule and transcribe meetings from popular platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, Teams, and more. Notta integrates with your calendar, simplifying organizing and documenting critical online meetings.
- Multi-Language: Notta speaks your language, offering support for transcription and translation for 104 different languages, making it a truly global solution. No matter where your business takes you, Notta ensures language is never a barrier to effective communication.
- AI Summary: Summarize your transcripts and generate action items effortlessly with the power of AI. Notta’s AI-driven summary generator extracts the essence of your discussions, helping you focus on what matters most.
- Capture the Screen and Webcam: Record presentations, discussions, and more with screen capture capabilities and share them easily via links. Notta’s screen capture feature simplifies content creation and sharing, enabling better collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborative Workspace: Notta provides a workspace where teams can seamlessly co-edit, insert visuals, and share transcription files. Collaborate effectively with your team, enhancing the quality of your documentation and shared knowledge.
- One-stop Solution for Your Meeting Transcription: Integrate Notta with your Google Calendar for effortless scheduling, live session transcription, and easy sharing of meeting notes via links. Streamline your meeting documentation process from start to finish, ensuring nothing important slips through the cracks.
- Notta AI Summary Generator: Powered by GPT, this feature quickly summarizes transcripts, saving you even more time. Get concise summaries of your discussions with a single click, making it easier to grasp key takeaways.
- Export and Share: Easily export transcripts to various formats (Text, Word, PDF, SRT) or send them to tools like Notion and Salesforce. Notta ensures your transcripts are accessible in the format you need, enhancing your workflow and integration capabilities.
With support for numerous languages and a commitment to data security, Notta is your key to unlocking efficiency in your daily work. They also offer a mobile application and Chrome extension to capture your audio for transcription.
Start your journey with Notta today and experience a new level of productivity and precision in your voice-to-text transcription needs.
Voice-To-Text AI Transcription APIs
There are also many APIs available for using AI to transcribe audio and video, here are some of the top ones:
- Google Cloud Speech-to-Text is a powerful and accurate API that supports over 100 languages. It offers a variety of features, including real-time transcription, speaker diarization, and keyword spotting.
- Amazon Transcribe is another popular API that offers high accuracy and a variety of features. It supports over 200 languages and dialects.
- IBM Watson Speech to Text is a cloud-based API with high accuracy and flexibility. It supports over 100 languages and dialects.
- Microsoft Azure Speech Services is a suite of APIs that offers high accuracy and scalability. It supports over 60 languages and dialects.
- Deepgram is a developer-focused API that offers high accuracy and customization options. It supports over 100 languages.
- AssemblyAI is a cloud-based API that offers high accuracy and a variety of features, including real-time transcription and speaker diarization.
Virtually all these services offer a free tier limited to the number of minutes of video or audio you can transcribe. And these platforms are enterprise-ready! Our development team at DK New Media built a proprietary integration for one of our clients that enabled their sales team to authenticate, query, and update records to their CRM in real time using a transcription API.
In addition to these APIs, several open-source libraries are available on GitHub for speech-to-text transcription, including DeepSpeech, Kaldi, Wav2Letter, SpeechBrain, Coqui, and Whisper. When choosing an open-source library, it is essential to consider the features, languages supported, and documentation. You should also make sure that the library is actively maintained and updated.