Mobile application users are often deeply engaged, read multiple articles, listen to podcasts, view videos, and interact with other users. It's not easy to develop a mobile experience that works, though!
10-Step Checklist to Build & Market a Successful App details the necessary course of action – step-by-step from app concept to launch – to help apps reach their full potential. Serving as a business model for developers and creative hopefuls, the infographic is composed of foundational notes and operational checkpoints as well as tips for general success.
The Mobile Application Checklist includes:
- Mobile Application Strategy – the name, the platform and how you wish to generate revenue with it.
- Competitive Analysis – who is out there, what are they doing and not doing that can differentiate your mobile app?
- Website Setup – where will you promote the application, place buttons for mobile users, or insert meta information that displays your app?
- Building Your App – how can you optimize the design for the user and device and integrate it socially?
- Mobile App User Testing – release a beta version through a tool like TestFlight to identify bugs, solicit feedback, and observe usage of your app.
- App Store Optimization – the screenshots and content you provide on the app store can make a huge difference in whether or not people download it.
- Marketing Creatives – What videos, trailers, images and infographics can you distribute that promotes your mobile application?
- Social Media Activities – I probably would have just called this promotion and merged it with the creatives, but you do need to share the app's capabilities often on social… where you'll pick up a lot of users.
- Press Kit – Press releases, screenshots, company profile and targeted lists of sites to tell that your app has arrived!
- Marketing Budget – You had a development budget… what's the marketing budget for your app?
This is a great checklist but two CRUCIAL steps are missing:
- App Reviews – Soliciting reviews from your mobile application users not only will help you optimize and improve the next version of your application, it will also skyrocket a great application to the top of the mobile application rankings.
- App Performance – Monitoring your application's performance via App Annie, SensorTower, or AppFigures to monitor your rank, competition, monetization, and reviews is key to improving your mobile app performance.