With the lost revenue associated with COVID-19, I really had to re-evaluate the products that I was using to research, monitor, report, and optimize my sites and those of my clients. I was spending several hundred dollars per month with quite a few tools to do this. As well, each of the tools had tons of reports and options – but I had to comb through the data to find actionable advice that I could use to optimize the sites.
In other words, I was paying a ton of money… and not really getting the answers that I needed. I've joked about this in the past… that analytics tools are really just question engines and not answer engines. It's up to you as the analyst to identify and prioritize the opportunities after you dig into the data, segment, filter, and compare visitor behavior.
I want to be clear as I describe this product that I found – diib. There are literally thousands of things you could do with a website to improve its visibility, growth, and conversions. Some of the analysis always requires someone to translate data into actions.
Diib: The Answer Engine
This video from diib when they launched 5 years ago provides some insight into the platform and how it can assist your business:
I signed up for a free diib account and was instantly impressed with the intelligent feedback that the platform was already providing within minutes of signing up. diib starts by analyzing your website and identifying the biggest opportunities to grow your sales. Diib breaks down into four main solutions:
- Answer Engine – a powerful diagnostic tool will scan your site and come up with a customized growth plan by simply giving you the answers.
- Analytics – diib doesn’t just measure data, they transform it into real dollar values for your business past, present, and future. You can also see how you stack up in your industry.
- Progress Tracker – Keep track of all your efforts and learning so you can see how far you’ve come! The more progress you see, the more you’ll keep going!
- Learning Library – If you're a do-it-yourself marketer, Diib also has tips, tools, and tutorials at your fingertips. They have a huge library of 1000s of videos, articles, white papers, and ebooks.
Diib delivers simple, high-impact analysis, reporting, and visuals to let you know how you are doing and what to do next. With diib™ you know your site’s annual value and how well your business is performing online in your industry. And diib creates a custom growth plan for your business’s online presence.
Check Your Website's Health
Central to the reporting is the initial validation that your website is actually healthy. Diib does this by analyzing these key features of a healthy website:
- SSL Certificate: You may not have a secure site or your SSL certificate isn’t installed correctly. Diib‘s scanning engine is pretty picky when it comes to security and will notify you if they spot any errors that are significant enough to either affect your rankings or cause an alert in a visitor’s browser.
- Mobile Speed: The Answer Engine checks your mobile speed daily. If there is an issue with your mobile speed, the Diib will alert you.
- Domain Authority/Backlinks: These icons tell you your current Moz Domain Authority and the sheer number of backlinks pointing to your website. You can also see a listing of your most important backlinks.
- Facebook/Google My Business Sync: if you haven’t synced these two important data sources, Diib will notify you so that you don’t miss out on important objectives and alerts!
- Sitemap: This scan tells you whether or not we detected a sitemap for your website. Sitemaps help Google and other search engines crawl your website.
- Keywords: This tells you how many keywords your website has indexed in google. You can see up to 150 of your most important keywords.
- Blacklist: This is a website and IP address scan that tells you whether or not your emails are being delivered to your customer’s inboxes. If diib detects that your emails are likely going to spam boxes instead of inboxes they will notify you as well as help you correct the problem.
Search, Social, Mobile, and Local Objectives
Once I set up my site, diib was connected to Google Analytics, Google Business, and Facebook to provide search, social, mobile, and local business insights. The platform instantly identified some objectives for me to review along with some great links to learn how:
- Diib analyzed Facebook insights to identify when my articles would be most impactful.
- Diib had some intelligence that showed me that COVID-19 wasn't impacting my overall website traffic.
- Diib identified some internal broken links for me to correct.
- Diib identified some backlinks that may be toxic that I may wish to disavow.
Diib is an Exceptional Value
Purists will say that tools like this aren't comprehensive enough. That's probably true for large, complex domains in highly competitive industries. But the majority of businesses don't operate where they need to check every aspect of their online presence… they're busy running their businesses.
For the nominal cost of diib, the value far outweighs the vast majority of platforms out there. It's health monitor, valuations, predictions, objectives, and alerts will keep the average site owner busy over the course of a year to improve their website's growth and the growth of their business.
A free diib account provides:
- Limited Growth Plan – Limited access to intelligent daily alerts and objectives that show you how to quickly grow traffic & revenue.
- Website Monitoring – Get alerts for unusual traffic drops, broken or spammy backlinks, performance issues, security, or even Google search algorithms updates! Each alert includes actionable steps to fix the issue.
- Weekly Snapshot email – Stay informed about growth opportunities and potential issues.
- Daily Health Score – diib's smart algorithm observes your website's condition in real time.
- Benchmarking – comparison of your website's performance to similar websites in your industry.
A diib Pro account costs $19.99–$29.99/month depending on website traffic and it provides everything in the free account, as well as:
- Growth Plan – Full access to daily alerts & objectives that show you how to quickly grow traffic and revenue.
- Up to 30 websites – See how all your websites are doing on one screen.
- Professional help anytime – Free 24/7 access to a dedicated growth expert.
- Social media – diib monitors your actual performance and provides you with a custom roadmap to grow this very important channel.
- SEO & keywords – Analysis & improvement suggestions based on premium Moz & Semrush data.
Disclosure: We are a proud affiliate of diib.