The retail experience will always outperform the online experience. Even with the addition of augmented and virtual reality, consumers may buy online… but still love to go experience a product. It's why retail establishments have transformed themselves over the last decade from rows of sky-high, high-inventory stores to being showcases for consumers to interact with the merchandise being sold. While digital signage has taken off, we're seeing growth in digital projection as well.
Epson has announced LightScene™, a new category of accent lighting laser projectors for digital art and signage. LightScene is designed to simultaneously illuminate and project dynamic content on virtually any surface or material to engage audiences and provide an immersive experience for commercial signage applications in markets such as retail, hospitality, showrooms and museums.
Consumers crave memorable and engaging experiences. Display technology is changing the way consumers interact with brands and products, from the ease at which they are able to receive information to the way they digest an abundance of content. The new LightScene laser projector category will provide solutions to businesses creating captivating, immersive environments to engage customers with their product or brand, without impacting the overall atmosphere. Remi Del Mar, senior product manager, Epson America
With two models available in a sleek, spotlight form factor – LightScene EV-100 in white and LightScene EV-105 in black – the laser projectors blend in discreetly and offers an array of configuration, mounting and programming options.
The technology offers the best of both worlds – beautiful displays and unobtrusive visuals – while providing performance, versatility or reliability.
Additional LightScene features include:
- 3LCD laser technology – Epson laser technology provides up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation1, plus a sealed optical engine for amazing image quality and outstanding performance
- Robust content management – Includes templates, effects, color filters, and customizable options; users can create playlists, control the projector and schedule functions remotely with an easy-to-use, web-based application or over the network with Crestron®, Art-Net and more
- Scalable for an array of applications – Daisy-chain multiple LightScene projectors and utilize Edge Blending technology for versatile, impactful displays
- Easily programmable – Playlist and playback functions allow for seamless content management for single or multiple LightScene projectors
- Flexible positioning – Includes vertical and horizontal rotation with 360-degree mounting on tracks, floors, walls, or ceilings; 1.58x powered optical zoom and powered focus allows for installation in both large and small spaces
- Expansive connectivity – HDMI®, RJ-45, wired and wireless LAN, and SD card slot2 for direct content storage when needed
- Bright visual display system – Offers up to 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness for vibrant, rich colors3
Epson teamed up with designers from London, New York and Tokyo to showcase examples of how LightScene brings retail and hospitality exhibitions to life. These examples were showcased in Epson’s booth at DSE, along with ideas and design concepts from U.S. design agencies such as All of It Now.
Availability, Pricing and Support
Two models are now available in a sleek, spotlight form factor – LightScene EV-100 in white and LightScene EV-105 in black – the laser projectors blend in discreetly and offer the best of both worlds – beautiful displays and unobtrusive visuals – while providing performance, versatility and reliability.