This month I’ve been taking some time to both clean-up my Youtube channels as well as getting serious about producing more videos to accompany my articles. There’s no doubt as to the power of videos – both live and recorded – on engaging prospects and customers.
99% of businesses that used video last year say they plan on continuing… so obviously they’re seeing the benefit!
Video consumption has also skyrocketed with mobile usage in recent years. Unlimited bandwidth and high-quality devices have made watching video enjoyable on the small screen… video advertising, as well as business-related videos, are getting watched more than ever before.
Here’s a nice explainer video that we published years ago that speaks to the benefits of video:
Here are 5 reasons that videos should be incorporated into your online sales and marketing strategies:
- Exposure – search and sharing continue to drive video content strategies. Video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings. And Youtube continues to be the #2 most searched site in the United States… the question is if your company is present in video search results or are your competitors’ videos there?
- Delivering information in a different way – videos allow personality and the ability to explain complex issues easily. Whether it’s an explainer video like the one above or a passionate customer testimonial… videos are an amazing medium to drive real engagement.
- Increase sales conversions – Videos on product pages and landing pages drive conversion rates. In fact, according to one study, using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%. Amazon, Dell, and other online retailers have shared statistics that a posted video can increase the odds of someone purchasing by up to 35% in ecommerce.
- Reduce abandonment and increase dwell-time – while people ready about 28% of the words on a page before leaving, a video can engage someone much longer.
- Brand engagement – Putting relevant, interesting, or entertaining content out there for people to discover can help to reach new people or change opinions about your brand. Video provides the opportunity to visually and audibly connect emotionally with your audience.
Creating effective marketing videos isn’t as simple as it sounds, though. While the hardware and editing software has become easier to use, the competition for views is fierce. Youtube and other video hosting sites provide extensive viewer data that can give you quite a bit of insight into who is watching your videos and how well they’re engaged… use them!
Be sure to listen to our recent podcast with Owen of The Video Marketing School for some great tips!