A great means of scaling any application online is to separate your user interface from the data layer using an Application Programming Interface (API). If you're new to development, an API is a pretty simple concept. Just as you log in and use a web application via a browser and a series of HTTP requests, your application can do the same thing via a REST API and programming.
As many people get into programming, they program a user interface and interact with their database directly. That's great if it's a small application and you don't foresee ever changing the user interface, the database, or scale the application. But… when you need to do any of the above, now your hard-coded integration between your front-end and your database needs to be updated.
Developing an API between your front-end and back-end provides a layer of independence between the to that enables you to enhance and scale your platform. When we built our IP Warming application recently, we developed APIs and incorporated others… from email cleansing, to mail server lookup, to application storage, through to payment processing. The application is a mashup of multiple services and platforms. By building APIs, it freed up our developers to be more agile as well as make our architecture more scalable.
Designing an API helps you expand your offerings from just being a platform with a user interface to also being a service that others can integrate and utilize as needed. As companies look to digitally transform, APIs are a necessity. As a platform, having companies fully integrated via your API is also very sticky… once they integrate, they don't often want to leave since there's a cost to re-integration with their new platform.
How to Automatically Build Your API
Automator has built a series of incredibly affordable tools to automate the building of your API. If you're utilizing great coding techniques and have normalized your database well, they provide tools that will read your functions and database and build the APIs you need to fully support your application. Their tools may also include developing Postman Docs, Authentication, and even admin panels. Here's a list of their tools:
- Automatic PHP REST API Generator + Postman Docs from MySQL Database With JWT Token Authentication – This intelligent tool is used to pre-configure the options adapted to each endpoint of the generated REST API.
- Automatic Responsive Admin Panel Generator + Permission Management from MySQL Database – From permission management to media management great feature supported.
- PostgreSQL to REST API Generator With JWT Token Authentication – PHP + Postman – Automatically Create professional ready to use REST API from PostgreSQL Database With Postman Docs and JWT Authentication. Ready to use file upload and Firebase notification.
- ReactJS Admin Panel Generator MaterialUI With PHP REST API Generator From MySQL + JWT Auth + Postman – Created with the most popular frontend web technologies, ReactJS App Generator With PHP CRUD REST API Generator is a powerful and intuitive solution to create ReactJS Application from MySQL.
- NodeJS REST API + ReactJS Admin Panel Generator from MySQL + JWT + Postman JSON – Created with the most popular frontend web technologies, ReactJS App Generator With NodeJS CRUD REST API Generator is a powerful and intuitive solution to create ReactJS Application from MySQL.
- MySQL to Dot Net Core Automatic REST API Generator + JWT Auth + Swagger + Postman – Automatically Create .NET Core professional ready to use REST API from MySQL Database With Postman Docs , Swagger and JWT Authentication, Dependency Injection , Layered Architecture,
- MS SQL to .Net Core Rest API Generator With JWT Auth + Swagger + Postman – automatically Create .NET Core professional ready to use REST API from MS SQL Database & Stored Procedure with Postman Docs , Swagger and JWT Authentication, Dependency Injection , Layered Architecture, etc.
- NodeJS REST API Generator from MySQL + Postman Json + JWT Auth – Windows – Automatically Create professional ready to use REST API from MySQL Database With Postman Docs and JWT Authentication
Disclosure: I'm using my affiliate links throughout this article for all of the Automator products.