Text messaging (SMS) has been a foundation of our success with our real estate marketing platform. When a property gets a visitor, they request information via text from a sign we post on their lawn. When the response is provided with a mobile tour and realtor information, the realtor is immediately notified and can call the visitor to see if they need help. Simply put, our agents that utilize the system close properties faster.
Marketing texts have a 98% open rate, a 45% response rate, and the conversion rate for leads sent three or more text messages after the initial contact is 328%, industry-wide.
You read that right… and compared to other marketing mediums, the text message is universal across any mobile device. There is no need for design, development, or other modifications – send and wait for the response! Just be sure to work with a reputable text messaging service and always get permission. Unlike other mediums, the penalties for abusing text messages are enormous.
How to Use Text Messages to Win Love, Leads, and Revenue
In the world of sales and marketing, nurturing leads is a lot like nurturing a romantic relationship. It requires focus, attention, and effective communication. As technology evolves, more marketing and sales teams integrate text messaging into their campaigns, drawing valuable insights from how people use texting in their dating relationships. In this article, we’ll explore how text messaging can be a powerful tool for sales, marketing, and online technology.
Before diving into its application in sales and marketing, let’s take a moment to understand how text messaging has become an integral part of dating:
- Love Notes via Text: 100% of people have sent a love note, via text, highlighting the personal and intimate nature of texting in relationships.
- Flirting with Words: 67% of individuals have used text messaging to flirt, showcasing the effectiveness of concise and playful communication.
Now, let’s transition to the realm of marketing, where text messaging is gaining significant traction:
- Text in Marketing Campaigns: 68% of marketers are already using text messaging in their campaigns, with an additional 26% planning to incorporate it within the next 12 months.
- High Response Rate: The primary reason for using text messages in marketing is the astounding response rate, with marketing SMS boasting a 45% open rate.
To successfully integrate text messaging into sales and marketing, it’s crucial to follow some etiquette, drawing parallels from dating:
- Get Permission: Just as your date gives you cues to contact them via text, leads should have the opportunity to opt-in to receive text messages. Avoid being seen as intrusive.
- Set the Stage: Sending a confirmation text message can make prospects more comfortable, just as texters on a date prefer it. Use text to follow up on commitments or remind about appointments.
- Keep It Short: In both dating and business, brevity is key. Text messages should be concise and to the point.
- Make It Crystal Clear: Misunderstandings can be detrimental. Ensure that your text messages are clear and easily understood by your leads.
- Timing is Everything: In dating, a slow response time can be a turnoff. Similarly, prompt follow-ups in sales and marketing are essential.
So, does text messaging work in the sales sector? According to analysis, it does indeed. More than 3.5 million leads from over 400 companies showed that texting can significantly increase conversion rates.
- Increases in Conversion Rates: Sending well-timed text messages can more than double your conversion rate. Leads who received three or more text messages after initial contact were much more likely to convert.