B2B Marketing Infographics recently created an infographic to take a closer look at some interesting statistics from Heidi Cohen in using visual content in social media marketing. The statistics provided are compelling that any social strategy your company is currently involved in must be dominated by visuals.
- Publishers who use infographics as their marketing weapon can increase their traffic by 12%. Photos are liked twice as much as text updates on Facebook.
- 94% more total views on average are attracted by content containing compelling images than content without images.
- 67% of consumers consider clear, detailed images to be very important and carry even more weight than the product information, full description, and customer ratings.
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business whose images appear in local search results.
- 37% increase in engagement is experienced when Facebook posts include photographs.
- 14% increase in pageviews are seen when press releases contain a photograph. (They climb to 48% when both photographs and videos are included.)
Despite what you might guess, calls to businesses are not decreasing as investment in digital marketing grows. Instead, the investment in digital marketing has actually led to a dramatic rise in calls to businesses.