According to a recent survey by InsideView of sales and marketing leaders, 53% of companies do not regularly assess their target market, and 25% have sales and marketing departments that don’t completely agree on their target markets Tweet This!
B2B companies that do the research of their Total Addressable Market (TAM) and align their sales and marketing efforts are 3.3 times more likely to exceed revenue goals Tweet This! And the B2B companies that target the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) are 5.3 times more likely to exceed revenue goals Tweet This!
According to InsideView, by answering these three questions, smart B2B companies are unleashing their revenue growth:
- Who are my best customers?
- What are the new geographies and industries where I can expand?
- Are we going after the right customers and the right revenue?
This is a major reason why account-based marketing has exploded in popularity amongst B2B companies. B2B companies have always researched and targeted great prospective clients – but these platforms enable their ability to score, track, market, and close those engagements more efficiently and effectively.
InsideView Apex automates market analysis using real-time data and visual analytics so companies can see entirely new markets and make fast strategic decisions.
We realized we had the technology, expertise, and data to help companies answer these questions quickly and with confidence so they never miss an opportunity. Business strategy shouldn’t be based on gut and guessing. And it shouldn’t require cumbersome data analysis. InsideView Apex uses cutting-edge technology and the best possible data so you can make the right decisions for your business. said Umberto Milletti, CEO of InsideView
Designed specifically for B2B executives, InsideView Apex addresses the entire go-to-market process from strategic planning to orchestrated execution to analysis and optimization.
- Plan: Discover new markets and plan a go-to-market strategy
- Define ideal customer profile (ICP) using an intuitive wizard and internal customer data.
- Map existing customer and prospect data against external market data to understand and size target addressable market (TAM).
- Visualize new or adjacent market segments or territories and perform “what if” analyses to refine targeting.
- Determine the penetration of a company’s TAM, targeted segment, or territories, see white space opportunities, and export lists of net new accounts and people to add to CRM or marketing automation programs (MAP).
- Use AI to uncover additional recommended look-alike accounts that closely match the characteristics of ideal customers and/or prospects.
- Execute: Engage defined targets to execute the GTM plan
- Build account-based marketing (ABM) lists to focus sales and marketing on highest priority accounts first.
- Flag ABM, ICP, and defined segment or territory accounts and contacts within sales and marketing tools to align sales and marketing engagement.
- Guide sales users with recommended actions for how to engage with each ABM/ICP/Segment/Territory group to drive desired outcomes.
- Win: Visualize performance against target segments in real time to optimize for success
- Feed MAP and CRM data into InsideView Apex to visualize success in target segments at each stage of the funnel and over time as leads convert to opportunities and won deals.
- Identify where leads or opportunities may be getting stuck to course correct in real time.
- Compare how you’re doing in target segments versus leads, opportunities, and deals outside your ICPs.
- Measure individual segments, or in aggregate, to visualize where you’re having the greatest success, so you can focus your resources on the targets with highest potential.