The ability to change customer behavior may be the holy grail of e-marketers. A challenge with engaging customers in today’s environment is their fleeting loyalty when faced with multiple options. To resolve this, businesses have to change strategies on the go or provide what the customer wants in an instant. This isn’t always possible with today’s scarce resources. Gamification is a strategy that is assisting marketers with these efforts.
One gamification company that’s on quite a roll right now is Badgeville. Badgeville recently went through another round of funding, acquired the Gamification Wiki, and launched social mechanics. Badgeville offers quite a toolset that provide the solutions to these pressing problems.
Badgeville applies game mechanics, social mechanics and reputation mechanics and monitors the activity pattern or behavior or the website visitor. The robust system can then utilize predicative analysis to respond to the visitor based on what the visitor considers good or interesting. At the core of Badgeville’s smart gamification program is the Behavior Platform that tracks behavior and applies proven engagement mechanics to improve user interaction, engage the customer better and improve employee productivity.
This Behavior Platform includes a collection of valuable tools.
- The Behavior Engine identifies and reward high-value user behavior.
- Engagement Mechanics improves visitor involvement by applying real time feedback to provide a social game like experience for the visitor.
- Behavior Analytics provide enterprises with the data and insight that make the enterprise understand how people meaningfully engage with them.
- Widget Studio & Developer Tools are a collection of powerful developer tools that allow the enterprise to set up intuitive and resilient Engagement Layers on their interfaces.
To deploy gamification across the enterprise customers and employees, Badgeville offers six Behavior Frameworks, which are turnkey solutions that run various components of the Behavior Platform.
- The Core Gamification framework allows the enterprise to employ gamification on ordinary or individual customer interactions.
- The Community Expert framework enriches community platforms.
- The Competitive Pyramid framework tells the enterprise which customer-oriented program works best.
- The Gentle Guide framework allows enterprises to deploy incentives for either customers or employees to indulge in desirable behavior.
- The Community Collaborator framework helps enterprise adopt social enterprise technologies better through a system of rewards.
- The Company Challenge framework may just be the answer to the HR prayers, for it allows creating fun contests and giveaways aimed at increasing bonding among employees and thereby improve productivity and behavior.
Badgeville also offers a Widget Studio – a collection of skinnable and configurable gamification widgets. These widgets include leaderboards, achievements showcases, real-time site activity, friends ranking, header mini-profile, notifications, and more.