Wow, this is an incredibly comprehensive and well-designed infographic from BargainFox. With statistics on every aspect of online consumer behavior, it sheds light on what exactly is impacting conversion rates on your e-commerce site.
Every aspect of the e-commerce experience is provided for, including the website design, video, usability, speed, payment, security, abandonment, returns, customer service, live chat, reviews, testimonials, customer engagement, mobile, coupons and discounts, shipping, loyalty programs, social media, social responsibility, and retail.
Here are some key E-Commerce Consumer Behavior Statistics:
- 93% of consumers consider visual appearance to be a factor in purchase decisions Tweet This!
- Replacing images with video on landing pages increases conversions by 12.62% Tweet This!
- Purchase increased by 45% when forced registration is removed from checkout pages Tweet This!
- Amazon found for every 100 milliseconds of load time, there’s a 1% decrease in sales Tweet This!
- PayPal transactions have 79% higher checkout conversion rates than non-PayPal Tweet This!
- Adding a 100% Money Back Guarantee badge increased conversion rates by 32% Tweet This!
- 68.63% is the average online cart abandonment rate based on 33 different studies Tweet This!
- 48% of shoppers would shop more with online retailers that offer hassle-free returns Tweet This!
- 57% of online shoppers prefer to use a phone to contact vendors Tweet This!
- Live chat helps to increase B2B conversion rates by at least 20% Tweet This!
- Reviews produce an average 18% uplift in sales Tweet This!
- Adding testimonials increases website conversions by 34% Tweet This!
- Engaged customers are 6 times more likely to try a new product or service Tweet This!
- 75% of smartphone users abandon sites that aren’t mobile responsive Tweet This!
- 40% of shoppers prefer discounts on purchases over loyalty program points or gift baskets Tweet This!
- 47% of shoppers indicated they’d abandon a purchase if they found out there wasn’t free shipping Tweet This!
- The average repeat customer spends 67% more within 3 years than the first six months Tweet This!
- 43% of online shoppers discovered new products while using social media Tweet This!
- 66% of respondents are willing to pay more if the company is dedicated to social or environmental change Tweet This!
- 93% of online shoppers like to shop at small and local retailers Tweet This!
BargainFox gathered 65 proven statistics from major research studies and business publications and presented them in this infographic to demonstrate those 20 key factors that determine consumer behavior in e-commerce.