Wow, this is an incredibly comprehensive and well-designed infographic from BargainFox. With statistics on every aspect of online consumer behavior, it sheds light on what exactly is impacting conversion rates on your e-commerce site.
Every aspect of the e-commerce experience is provided for, including the website design, video, usability, speed, payment, security, abandonment, returns, customer service, live chat, reviews, testimonials, customer engagement, mobile, coupons and discounts, shipping, loyalty programs, social media, social responsibility, and retail.
Here are some key E-Commerce Consumer Behavior Statistics:
- 93% of consumers consider visual appearance to be a factor in purchase decisions
- Replacing images with video on landing pages increases conversions by 12.62%
- Purchase increased by 45% when forced registration is removed from checkout pages
- Amazon found for every 100 milliseconds of load time, there’s a 1% decrease in sales
- PayPal transactions have 79% higher checkout conversion rates than non-PayPal
- Adding a 100% Money Back Guarantee badge increased conversion rates by 32%
- 68.63% is the average online cart abandonment rate based on 33 different studies
- 48% of shoppers would shop more with online retailers that offer hassle-free returns
- 57% of online shoppers prefer to use a phone to contact vendors
- Live chat helps to increase B2B conversion rates by at least 20%
- Reviews produce an average 18% uplift in sales
- Adding testimonials increases website conversions by 34%
- Engaged customers are 6 times more likely to try a new product or service
- 75% of smartphone users abandon sites that aren’t mobile responsive
- 40% of shoppers prefer discounts on purchases over loyalty program points or gift baskets
- 47% of shoppers indicated they’d abandon a purchase if they found out there wasn’t free shipping
- The average repeat customer spends 67% more within 3 years than the first six months
- 43% of online shoppers discovered new products while using social media
- 66% of respondents are willing to pay more if the company is dedicated to social or environmental change
- 93% of online shoppers like to shop at small and local retailers
BargainFox gathered 65 proven statistics from major research studies and business publications and presented them in this infographic to demonstrate those 20 key factors that determine consumer behavior in e-commerce.