We’ve written before about the features and functionality that are critical to your e-commerce website building awareness, adoption, and growing sales with this e-commerce features checklist. There are also some critical steps that you should take when launching your e-commerce strategy.
Ecommerce Marketing Strategy Checklist
- Make an amazing first impression with a beautiful site that’s targeted to your buyers.
- Visuals matter so invest in photos and videos that best represent your products.
- Simplify your site’s navigation to focus your buyer’s attention.
- Craft a strong Unique Value Proposition (UVP) that differentiates your brand and products from your competitors.
- Develop a content library that answers the frequently-asked questions (FAQs) and assists your visitors to research their buying decision.
- Create a mind-blowing About Us page that presents your company as a trusted leader in the products you are selling.
- Research the organic search (SEO) strategy and targeted keywords you’re going to pursue to drive sales.
- Target the right visitor with the right product
- Use Live Chat to help potential customers make faster decisions
- Provide offers, sales, discounts, and coupons to entice visitors to subscribe and purchase.
- Simplify your shopping cart experience to remove unnecessary steps.
- Develop a successful shipping and returns strategy that is communicated to your visitors and customers.
- Ask for reviews and feedback on your stores and products… and use them to improve the customer experience.
- Rethink your newsletter approach to build customer journeys that are highly personalized and targeted.
- Show visitors your site is secure and trustworthy with third-party certificates and customer testimonials.
- Use the power of social media to promote yourself and to promote user-generated content that supports you.
- Implement an affiliate program for your store to reward word-of-mouth (WOM) sales.
- Design your site and communications for mobile users as these dominate e-commerce – especially business-to-consumer (B2B) sites.
- Choose a solid ecommerce platform for your store that is secure, scalable, and can be easily integrated with other platforms.
- Integrate robust e-commerce analytics so you can pinpoint problems and optimize your site for improved search engines, social media sites, and visitor conversions.
Once you have these foundational principles in place, now it’s time to get creative. Socialfix has put together this infographic with a list of amazing creative ideas to help you increase your e-commerce sales.
Ecommerce Creative Marketing Ideas
- Video Production At Scale – Live streaming, animated explainer videos, customer testimonials, video series, how-to videos, repurposed blog content, video interviews, behind the scenes videos, video product reviews, video emails, video case studies, and before & after videos.
- Social and Viral Challenges – Video challenges, dancing videos, lip-sync videos, video tutorials, branded video filters, song imitation videos, dialogue re-enactments, animal videos, baby videos, science experiments, makeover videos, freeze-frame videos, and live videos.
- Public Relations Strategies – Turn brand mentions into links, replicate your rivals’ top links, co-marketing partnerships, write for third-party websites, write on a trending topic, get featured in consumer guides, sponsor causes, sponsor events, sponsor charities, and create an affiliate program.
- Execute Marketing Campaigns – share organic WOM, create hashtag campaigns, create shareable content, brag about user-generated content (UGC), embrace influencer marketing, show off your customer reviews, create a referral program, schedule giveaways, schedule free freebies, organize games, contests, and quizzes.
This requires a ton of effort, of courses, because you must communicate with prospects and customers where they are – whether that’s via email, search, social, text message, or even mobile app. The more platforms and channels you can deploy that hold your target audience, the further your reach!
Here’s the full infographic: