Flora Pang is maintaining a robust List of Free Marketing Tools by Flora Pang that you’ve got to check out. The tools cover:
- Free Search Engine Optimization Tools – including keyword research, site checkup and analysis, backlink investigation, keyword density, site crawlability, and duplicate content.
- Free Paid Search and Pay Per Click Tools – including landing page optimization.
- Free Social Media Tools – including social listening, social scheduling, and social analytics.
- Free Content Marketing Tools – including content curation, writing productivity and text analyzers.
- Free Public Relations and Outreach Tools – including influencer identification.
My only advice when utilizing free tools is that while some may appear incredibly useful, they’re often out of date. More often than not, we see this with auditing tools online. They indicate major problems sometimes on a site – like compliant code – but don’t even touch on some other critical gaps – like responsive layouts that are user-friendly on mobile devices. The old adage is quite accurate with tools… you get what you pay for.
Despite what you might guess, calls to businesses are not decreasing as investment in digital marketing grows. Instead, the investment in digital marketing has actually led to a dramatic rise in calls to businesses.