There's a ton of turmoil right now in the business sector. I've personally seen a lot of small businesses shed marketing resources throughout the pandemic and associated lockdowns. Simultaneously, though, I've been observing enterprise corporations struggle to find experienced talent and expertise.
I've been personally advising many people in my industry to shift the focus of their LinkedIn profiles and experience to larger corporations. In any economic turmoil, the companies that have the deep pockets see the opportunities to invest, hire, and prepare for their next phase of growth. Small businesses simply don't have the resources to do this.
We've already published a couple of infographic guides on LinkedIn Profiles, including Linkedin Profile Tips and Optimizing a LinkedIn Profile for Social Selling, but this Ultimate Cheat Sheet from Leisure Jobs is a thorough and fantastic resource for ensuring you fully maximize LinkedIn for networking and job searches.
Did you know a fully optimized Linkedin profile is 40 times more likely to receive job opportunities?
The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn Profiles includes 7 Steps
- Perfect Profile Blueprint – Get yourself a professional photographer to capture some personality in that photo, and fill in all the fields that LinkedIn walks you through!
- Image Sizes – Optimal image sizes look great on any device, be sure to follow the specifications that LinkedIn provides and that are listed below in the infographic.
- Outreach for Recommendations – When someone tells you how fantastic you've done, ask them for a recommendation via LinkedIn! They'll be associated with each job function you've filled.
- Hidden LinkedIn Features – Join Groups, Take Notes in LinkedIn and be sure to show off your Slideshare Presentations there!
- Get Found on LinkedIn – Customize your URL, use optimized titles for job titles, and link back to your web and social properties.
- LinkedIn Daily Tips – providing value, sharing advice, connecting your network to leads, and being a good steward to your network will help you become a LinkedIn master.
- Secure Your Profile – More and more people are becoming targets of phishing schemes and targeted for brute force hacking. Enable 2-factor authentication so folks can't hijack your account.
If you're urgently seeking a new position and want to increase your chances, you may also want to invest in LinkedIn Premium. It provides you much more visibility within internal searches and enables you to do more outreach with the following features:
- InMail Messages – easily connect with hiring managers.
- Who's Viewed Your Profile – see who has viewed your profile over the last 90 days.
- LinkedIn Learning Courses – access over 15,000 expert-led LinkedIn Learning Courses to hone your skills or learn something new.
- Interview Preparation – build your confidence and stand out to hiring managers with top interview questions, expert-approved interview answers, and more.
Infographic by Leisure Jobs, the home of hospitality, sport and retail jobs in the UK.