If you’ve been a reader of my site for a long time, you know how excited I get over different kinds of business cards. I’ve had post-it note cards, square cards, metal cards, laminated cards… I enjoy them immensely. Of course, with the lockdowns and inability to travel, there wasn’t much of a need for business cards. Now that travel is opening up, though, I decided it was time to update my card and get some on order.
One thing I always dread is how many business cards to purchase and how many to bring to each event. Until I happened on Linq. Linq has a unique line of digital business card products that have NFC embedded. If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know I experimented with a set of NFC cards in the past but it didn’t work out. The company had a lot of issues printing them and then the destination URL was less than exceptional.
Linq is different, incorporating a mobile app to build a free basic landing page (or paid page with some nice upgrades) as well as a range of devices you can purchase that are NFC embedded. Your landing page can have your social profile links, payment links (Venmo, PayPal, or CashApp), and enable your visitor to download your contact card to add you directly into their contacts.
With Linq Pro, a subscription to their Leap product, you can also:
- Set any destination page you’d like within the Leap options.
- Add additional content to your Linq landing page. I added a YouTube video but you can also add meeting links, Spotify or a Soundcloud player.
- Add a form to your page to capture additional information.
With their Premium card and some customizations, I was able to build a custom business card with my logo on it (photo above) that I can simply stick in my phone case and then pull out whenever anyone asks or I offer my card. Instead of giving each individual a business card, I can tap it to their phone or they can scan the QR code on the backside and they’re brought to a landing page with all of my information as well as a contact download link to import my contact information directly to their phone!
NFC Embedded Digital Business Card Products
Linq doesn’t just offer the premium card that I purchased, they actually have a great selection of products to choose from:
- Linq Card – an array of options for single-use cards where you can get them plain, have your logo printed on them, or have an entire custom design.
- Linq Bracelet – a simple bracelet that’s NFC embedded… just tap the bracelet with your phone and the destination page opens.
- Linq Band for Apple Watch – an Apple Watch band that’s NFC embedded… just tap the band with your phone and the destination page opens.
- Link Hub – A desktop or countertop hub that is NFC enabled and has a QR code on it for folks visiting your desk or booth.
- Link Tap – A cool little NFC button that you can stick on the back of your phone or phone case. These can also be customized with a QR code or your logo.
Linq for Teams
Linq for teams enable you to track your teams networking performance as they distribute their contact information to others.
Linq for Events
If you’re running a social event, Linq offers badges and hubs for attendees and vendors. You can track connections and engagement across attendees, sponsors, and vendors!
Find out more about Linq’s products and offerings at their online store:
Disclosure: I signed up as a Linq Ambassador and I’m using my affiliate link in this article.