The ability for businesses to organically build an audience and market to them on Facebook has pretty much ground to a halt. That doesn’t mean that Facebook isn’t a great paid advertising resource, though. With virtually every prospective buyer you’re trying to reach in one platform, and the ability to finitely target and reach them, Facebook advertising can drive a lot of demand for your small business.
Why Small Businesses Advertise on Facebook
- 95% of social media marketers stated Facebook gave the best return of investment out of all other social media platforms Tweet This!
- Facebook advertising allows you to target audiences by location, gender, interests, and more Tweet This!
- Facebook ads cost less than other online marketing channels with a minimum spend of $1 per day Tweet This!
This infographic from Headway Capital, a Small Business Guide to Facebook Advertising, walks a small business through all of the steps necessary to deploy a successful Facebook Advertising strategy:
- Select your marketing objective – awareness, consideration, or conversion.
- Define your audience – build an audience based on your own customer profile.
- Set up your budget and schedule – for either a daily ongoing or lifetime campaign spend.
- Design your advertisement – optimize your image, headline, text, call-to-action, and link description.
- Understand your Facebook Ad Reports – breakdown the results to further optimize your campaign(s).
For a step-by-step guide on getting started (with detailed screenshots), be sure to check out Buffer’s resource: The Complete Guide to Facebook Ads Manager: How to Create, Manage, Analyze Your Facebook Ads.