My good friend Kevin Mullett informed me when he clicked on one of my links in Twitter, he was brought to my site with a big popup and a malicious code warning. That’s enough to scare the heck out of someone, so I started doing some testing. It winds up there was nothing actually wrong with my site – the problem was the link.
The link on another site produced a toolbar up top that encouraged people to click on a malicious link, while loading my site in an iframe underneath. To most folks, it could have the appearance that my site was spreading malicious code. To be honest, I absolutely despise any site that loads my site within an iframe, so I did what any reasonable geek would do… I loaded up a frame breaker.
The code is quite simple. Place the following line of code in the head section of your page: