Images are a key differentiator we leverage in every single piece of content strategy I craft for our clients. We spend as much, even more, on graphic design and photographers than we do on research and copywriting. And the return on investment always pays off.
Specific to photos, it doesn’t make sense to me that a company would spend $5k to $100k on a new web presence but skip spending a few hundred dollars on a photographer. Actual photos of the building, the space, and the people in your organization is an incredible differentiator.
In MDG Advertising’s newly updated infographic, It’s All About the Images, readers will learn why images are critical to their marketing success and which approaches they can take to increase the impact of their visuals.
The infographic, It’s All About the Images, covers topics including:
- The impact of images in articles
- The impact of images on social media
- The impact of images in search
Images impact everything – cognition, recognition, explanation, memory, impact, and even the likelihood that the content will be shared via social media and converted on in search engine results. Here are some compelling statistics:
- Memory – People remember only 10% of information three days after hearing it, on average; adding a picture can improve recall to 65%
- Cognition – Nearly two-thirds of people say they’re visual learners
- Recognition – Consumers are significantly more likely to think favorably of ads that emphasize photography, over ads that emphasize text
- Impact – Articles with relevant images get 94% more views, on average, compared to articles without images
- Social Sharing – Images on Facebook receive 20% more engagement than videos and 352% more engagement than links
- Search Engines – 60% of consumers say they’re more likely to consider or contact a business that has an image show up in local search results
Here’s the full infographic: