One of the aspects of the content industry that has been slow to evolve has been publishing. Tools are still fairly difficult to use, there’s no real standard to the publications, and marketing toolsets haven’t been integrated very well. Ebooks, for the most part, are simply books without paper. Pubsoft may have just turned the industry upside down by launching their own cloud platform that allows publishers to build their own stores, convert their own documents, provide portals to readers, optimize the content for search, and allow the readers to be marketed to.
Pubsoft’s publishing technology can be used for agencies or enterprise companies to incorporate ebooks into their marketing strategy. Robust analytic sales data can guide marketing efforts and you can keep content branded to your firm and your clients. Pubsoft Features according to their site:
- Branded eBook Store – Convert your own publications, launch your own store and theme your content.
- eBook Cloud Reader – built in HTML 5, displaying any ebook through any browser. Readers can also highlight, take notes, bookmark, and seamlessly share excerpts of text on Twitter and Facebook.
- Editor Dashboard – Complete control over editing and publishing, access to authors and sales data.
- ePub Engine – Customize templates and easily publish from Word to ePub.
- Author Website – Build a customized, themed microsite for your author.
- Author Dashboard – See book sales growth, readership growth and manage royalty payments.