If you’re wondering What account-based marketing is?, Doug Bewsher wrote a great article about it for Martech Zone. The strategy is paying off for most B2B marketers. In fact, 92% of B2B marketers consider ABM extremely or very important to their marketing efforts. And 84% of B2B marketers believe ABM provides significant retention and upsell opportunities.
Integrate released this fantastic infographic on ABM with those statistics on the state of adoption as well as 8 Steps to a Successful Account-Based Marketing Strategy:
- Plan and Set Account-Based Marketing Goals
- Assign and Align internal Sales and Marketing Roles
- Define your Target Accounts
- Develop Personas around each of those accounts
- Map Your Universe of Accounts and Contacts
- Create Unforgettable, Valuable, and Shareable Content
- Select the Right Engagement Tactics
- Analyze the Data That Matters
Per the infographic, companies are 67% better at closing deals when sales and marketing teams are in sync with ABM, and companies using ABM generated 208% more revenue for their marketing efforts!