This week I’m back in the office from speaking in Sioux Falls at the Concept ONE Expo. I did a keynote presentation on how companies could relaunch their digital marketing program to save time, save resources, improve the omni-channel digital experience, and – ultimately – drive more business results. Some of the advice was counter-intuitive to industry standards and best practices. However, that was sort of the point of my keynote… remarkable content doesn’t often follow the rules.
These 27 content marketing tips will surely give you an upper hand with your content marketing efforts. Some tips may be no brainers while some are . So go forth and conquer the digital world with your awesome content. Digital Vidya
Content Marketing Statistics
- 62% of B2B Marketers Use Infographics
- Only 21% of B2B Marketers are Successful at Tracking ROI
- 94% of B2B Marketers Use LinkedIn to Distribute Content and is the Most Used Social Media Site
- 58% of Marketers Use Search Engine Marketing and is the Most Used Paid Content Promotion Technique
- Marketers on Average Spend Over 25% of their Budget on Content Marketing
- Content Marketing Generates Roughly 3 Times as many Leads as Traditional Marketing and Costs 62% Less
What are the Top 27 Actionable Content Marketing Tips?
- Use Content to Gently Guide Consumers through the Buying Cycle
- Use Social Ads to Amplify Outreach
- Produce Quality Content Not Marketing Content
- Create 1,000+ Word Long Form Content to Provide Value to the Audience, for SEO and Traffic
- Create a Buyer Persona Before Producing Content
- Guest Blog on Popular Industry Blogs and Link Back to Your Site for Traffic and Authority
- Use Short, Sharp Headlines that are Simple and Optimized
- Leverage Email Marketing in Content Marketing
- Blog Consistently.
- 82% of Marketers who Blogged Daily Acquired At least One Customer via Their Blog.
- Share Your Own Content and Use Social Sharing Buttons in Your Blog
- Repurpose Old Content to Breath Fresh Life
- Syndicate Your Content for Referral Traffic and Reach New Audience
- Create a Content Strategy to be More Effective Content Marketer
- Use a Content Promotion Checklist
- Have a Plan for Building Your Audience
- Tap on Influencer Marketing by Quoting an Influencer and Linking to Their Content
- Don’t Just Create One-off Pieces of Content, Create a Series of Posts for Repeat Traffic
- Employ Basic Conversion Optimization Techniques to Generate Leads Out of All Your Content
- Keep an Eye on Analytics to See What is Working and to Cut the Dead Weight.
- Use Both Trending and Evergreen Content
- Produce Content that is Conversational so it is More Relatable and Engaging
- Find Your Optimum Content Producing Environment Including Time, Day and Surroundings. Interview Famous or Upcoming Talent in Your Industry
- Visualize Your Message: SlideShares, Videos and Infographics
- Relate Your Favorite TV Show Like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad to Your Topic
- Turn Your Email Outbox Into Blog Posts
- Always Focus on the Audience When Producing Content
Here’s my tip that works absolutely 100% of the time with my clients… look at the top articles in search results and the top shared articles on the topic in BuzzSumo – then write a far better article with better research, better graphics, and better media. If you do it well, you’ll always beat the competition!