I've shared how I had assembled my home office for live streaming and podcasting. The post had detailed information on the hardware I'd assembled… from a standing desk, mic, mic arm, audio equipment, etc.
Soon after, I was speaking to a good friend of mine Jack Klemeyer, a certified John Maxwell Coach and Jack told me that I needed to add Ecamm Live to my software toolset to take my live streaming up a notch. The software is really brilliant, enabling you to create a virtual camera on your system where you can have any number of enhancements for live streaming.
Within my office, I'm able to swap audio inputs, swap camera inputs, adjust my video input, add desktops or windows, add text overlays, record local, or even publish directly to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitch, YouTube, Restream.io, and others. It's an incredibly powerful platform that you simply can't live without if you want great audio and video.
Ecamm Live Demo
Here's a great overview video from the Ecamm Live folks themselves…
Ecamm Live Features Include
- Camera Inputs – Stream and change views in HD quality using any connected USB camera, laptop camera, DSLR, or mirrorless camera.
- Video Inputs – Stream Blackmagic HDMI capture devices, iPhone, and Mac screen sharing.
- Audio Inputs – Use any connected microphone to provide audio.
- 4K Support – Record and broadcast in crystal clear 1440p and 4K.
- Green Screen – Change your background with their studio-quality green screen feature.
- Overlays – add text, countdowns, viewer comments, lower thirds, and graphics such as a company logo to your livestream.
- Real-time Monitoring – Monitor your broadcast on a connected display.
- Saved Scenes – you can compose scenes in advance, complete with on-screen titles and split screens. This has come in handy for me, where I can have scenes for each of my businesses.
- Screen Sharing – Livestream your presentations, tutorials, and demos with one click. Choose to share your entire screen, or just a particular app or window. Add a live picture-in-picture to the broadcast for a personal touch.
- Skype Integration – perform easy split-screen interviews using a Skype video call, and you'll see your guests show up as camera sources in Ecamm Live.
- Restream – integration with Restream.io and Switchboard Live means live streaming to multiple platforms simultaneously is as simple as one click. And with built-in support for Restream's chat aggregation, Ecamm Live can even display chat comments from over 20 platforms.
- Play Video – Broadcast a video file for introductions and pre-recorded segments.
Here's a view of my desktop with all of the capabilities:
One of the most important features for me is that Ecamm Live has incredible controls so that I can adjust my Logitech BRIO web camera zoom & pan, brightness, temperature, tint, saturation, and gamma filtering.
Disclosure: I'm an affiliate of Ecamm Live and Amazon and am including those links in this post!