A few weeks ago, I shared how I had assembled my new home office for live streaming and podcasting. The post had detailed information on the hardware I’d assembled… from a standing desk, mic, mic arm, audio equipment, etc.
Soon after, I was speaking to a good friend of mine Jack Klemeyer, a certified John Maxwell Coach and Jack told me that I needed to add Ecamm Live to my software toolset to take my live streaming up a notch. The software is really brilliant, enabling you to create a virtual camera on your system where you can have any number of enhancements for live streaming.
Ecamm Live Demo
Ecamm Live Features Include
- Camera Inputs – Stream and change views in HD quality using any connected USB camera, laptop camera, DSLR, or mirrorless camera.
- Video Inputs – Stream Blackmagic HDMI capture devices, iPhone, and Mac screen sharing.
- Audio Inputs – Use any connected microphone to provide audio.
- 4K Support – Record and broadcast in crystal clear 1440p and 4K.
- Green Screen – Change your background with their studio-quality green screen feature.
- Overlays – add text, countdowns, viewer comments, lower thirds, and graphics such as a company logo to your livestream.
- Real-time Monitoring – Monitor your broadcast on a connected display.
- Saved Scenes – you can compose scenes in advance, complete with on-screen titles and split screens. This has come in handy for me, where I can have scenes for each of my businesses.
- Screen Sharing – Livestream your presentations, tutorials, and demos with one click. Choose to share your entire screen, or just a particular app or window. Add a live picture-in-picture to the broadcast for a personal touch.
- Skype Integration – perform easy split-screen interviews using a Skype video call, and you’ll see your guests show up as camera sources in Ecamm Live.
- Restream – integration with Restream.io and Switchboard Live means live streaming to multiple platforms simultaneously is as simple as one click. And with built-in support for Restream’s chat aggregation, Ecamm Live can even display chat comments from over 20 platforms.
- Play Video – Broadcast a video file for introductions and pre-recorded segments.
One of the most important features for me is that Ecamm Live has incredible controls so that I can adjust my Logitech BRIO web camera zoom & pan, brightness, temperature, tint, saturation, and gamma filtering.
Disclosure: I’m an affiliate of Ecamm Live and Amazon and am including those links in this post!